8/21/07 Merry Christmas! Walmart Starts Selling Christmas Decorations!

Frickin’ Whos.

And the noise, noise, noise, NOISE!

Yeah, you’ve got to have those fat quarters with Santa hats and holly ready well in advance. :smiley:

But, I still have to give a huge thumbs-up to Nordstrom. Somewhere around Halloween, they’ll have fall-themed window displays with the notation “Celebrating holidays the old-fashioned way - One at a time.”

I wonder what it’s like to dust a Christmas tree. Pretty easy if it’s real I’ll bet, as it’s probably already dust.

What’s even worse is that if you actually wait until a more appropriate time to buy stuff–say, two weeks before school starts–it’s all picked over. They must stop restocking a month early. This suggests to me that a lot of folks must actually start buying months ahead. Stop enabling them, people! If their lovely stacks of school supplies/decorations/bathing suits gathered dust until we were good and ready to buy, they wouldn’t do this!

“Joseph…stop this ass…I’m gonna be BLERARRFFGG
No wonder they couldn’t get a room.

Do you need to say that, when there are Christmas stores across America that stay open all year. In all fairness there are fireworks stores that stay open all year too.

What pisses me off is the school supplies go up and they put away summer sale items I need now. They had plenty of canning supplies three weeks ago, and a week later, when I’m actually needing the stuff it’s in storage. It’s canning time asshats.

I misread that as “plenty of caning supplies…” and had visions of very strict British public schools.

Sailboat

Personally, I plan to work through the entire Christmas holiday this year. I think this performs a valuable public service, as it will actually save lives. No, I’m not a doctor, or a nurse, or an EMT… but I AM an LMT, and our work might calm people down enough over the holidays so that they don’t snap and kill their entire families!! Of course, with decorations going up in AUGUST when it’s over 100 degrees around here, there may be nothing we can do…

Oh, my golly gosh, featherlou. Are you feeling better? For a minute there, it seemed like you were…underfricked. That’s not the featherlou we know and love. :wink:

You can’t expect Wal-Mart to know when to put out the Christmas goods. I mean, what do they know about Christmas in China? They’re probably selling Christmas Bunnies and Jack O’ Lanterns with Santa Hats!