A bad anniversary

Today Feb 22 is the anniversary of the death of my daughter. I am not having a good day. Each year, I find this difficult to cope with. Each year - no easier.
Counselling (I tried a few) made it worse not better.
Sorry for bumming anyone.
:frowning:

I’m off to get very very drunk

Take care, and post when you get back. I can’t offer any more than a shoulder to cry on and an ear to bitch to, but I’m here for you if you need me.

CJ

What a horrible thing. Have a good drunk.

Yeah. It sucks. It keeps on sucking. I really really don’t like April, the month when my son died. It’s nearly 11 years.

I’m sorry, Unwritten. We’re here if you want to talk.

{{{UnwrittenNocturne}}} we’re all here for ya sweetie.
{{{Primaflora}}} for you too.

I don’t have kids, but I don’t imagine there’s much more painful than losing a child.

UnwrittenNocturne, Primaflora, I’m a mom. I can’t, don’t want to, imagine how it must feel. So very sorry for your terrible loss. :frowning:

Damn, I am so sorry for you both. I am a mom, so I can’t imagine it either.

So sorry, pal. And for you, too, Primaflora.

The passing of a child is so much harder to take. I’ve done parents, and it’s a bummer. But it is kind of expected; it’s within the anticipated natural order of things.

Siblings and mates fall in that anticipated order less well, but the death of a child is all out of whack. I don’t have my own children, but I was tremendously shaken when my nephew was stabbed (he lives today).

Have a good drunk.

My thoughts are with you both, UnwrittenNocturne and Primaflora. As has been said – if you ever want a vent, we’re here for you.

{{{UnwrittenNocturne}}} and {{{Primaflora}}}

UnwrittenNocturne and Primaflora there’s not much that we can offer, except our sincere sympathy and our willingness to be here to listen to anything and everything you want to want to tell us. I hope that knowing that we’re here for you brings you some measure of comfort.

As someone whos mother died a few days before valentines day and her birthday is mar 7th this is a rough couple of weeks for me I totally understand and sympathise with ya

Just dont get too drunk and end up passed on ya self …

UnwrittenNocturne, PrimaFlora, you have my sympathy. My thoughts are with you.

~ monica

I’m back from my self-imposed exile, and a time of drunken self-examination. I want to say thanks to you all, and offer my heartfelt sympathies to Primaflora, please know that my thoughts are with you, especially when April comes around.

Once again I survived it, as I always shall…I will not hold myself in self-pity, I doubt very much that my girl would have appreciated that.

Your thoughts and words have touched me deeply, and once again I express my thanks.

And that is your memorial to her.

What better memorial is there to a lost loved one? Carved stones that will be forgotten? Better that we remember and continue to love our passed until we see them again.

I have no children, so I can’t say I have felt the same emotions as you. But I’ve lost some very important people, and the best way to make it bearable is to keep their flame alive.

Best wishes, comfort, and love to both UnwrittenNocturne and PrimaFlora

I am very,very sorry for your loss UnwrittenNocturne and PrimaFlora