A Bush on Match Game?

On a rerun of the old Match Game show (I think from 1975), there was a contestant named Jerry Bush. He was from Odessa, Texas, and, I thought, looked like he could be a member of the Bush Family. I think he was in his 20’s. I don’t remember his occupation, but he played football. Maybe he was a college student.

Does anyone know if there is a Jerry Bush in George W’s family?

The children of Prescott Sheldon BUSH (1895-1972) and Dorothy WALKER (1901-1992) are:

1. Prescott Sheldon BUSH (children: Prescott S. III, Kelsey, and James L.)
  2. George Herbert Walker BUSH (see below)
  3. Nancy BUSH
  4. Jonathan James BUSH (children: Jonathan J. Jr. and William H.)
  5. William Trotter BUSH (children: William P. and Louisa)

The children of George Herbert Walker BUSH and Barbara PIERCE are:

1. George Walker BUSH, b. 1946
  2. Robin BUSH, 1949-1953
  3. John Ellis BUSH (known as Jeb), b. 1953
  4. Neil Mallon BUSH, b. 1955
  5. Marvin Pierce BUSH, b. 1956
  6. Dorothy Walker BUSH, b. 1959

This is gonna be weird, after all these years, but I’m watching the episode of Match Game in question, and did a quick Google search on Jerry Bush. I never thought he was part of the Bush family, but I was awfully curious about the muscular guy in the tight suit. I couldn’t find a lot about him…

…until I found out his age. And I stumbled into a picture of the guy (or at least a guy that looks remarkably like him).

The “biological father” in question goes by the name of Jerry Bush, and the story was rather bizarre, but he took his daughters on a trip from Amarillo, Texas to Baton Rouge, Louisiana—by taxi. He was arrested a few days later, the daughters unharmed. But the resemblance is pretty uncanny,

So, buffalogal, I may have answered your question by accident, after all these years. The name, age and photo all seem to match up. I hope it helps.

Buffalogal hasn’t been online in this forum since 2004. I doubt they saw your speculative answer.

[Moderating]

I’m not sure if the Cafe Society category existed in 2004, but it does now, and that’s a better place for this thread than Factual Questions. Moving.

Oh, and welcome to the Straight Dope Message Board, @rabzean.

I was watching that episode tonight and wondered the same thing. I couldn’t find out for sure, but I think the man in the news item is possibly the son of the Match Game contestant. The original Jerry Bush would be 59 in 2009, the mother of the girls was 27; quite a big age difference. It makes more sense it would be his son. The good news is that the girls were rescued.