A.C.R.O.N.Y.M. F.U.N.

Okay, it is acronym time! Come up with a cool acronym that makes plausible sense.

Personal favorite: Society Preserving Long Instrumental Forays.

S.P.L.I.F.

Anymore takers?

Yer pal,
Satan

Individuals Demonstrating
Ignorance On Touchy Subjects

Actually, for tennhippie’s acronym, we usually refer to it as an ID 10-T error.

let’s see my company uses more acronyms than the military.

I think one of my favorites was Technical Needs Analysts which of course were the TNA team. The first time my Manager asked for voulenteer for the TNA team in a meeting he was greeted with howls of laughter.

Don’t let the loveless ones sell you a world wrapped in grey.

G.S.W.

Gun Shot Wound

Saw this one doing anesthesia just the other day. Not “fun” but it’s an acronym.

There is no right and wrong… only fun and boring.

Who can forget For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge?

“I’m not dumb. I just have a command of thoroughly useless information.”-- Calvin and Hobbes
(__)
\/-------\ | |-----| |
…c.c…c.c…

Read this in a book
Tactical Insertion Team

Moo, listen carefully. :wink:

At work, instructors can go to the library for a Computer On Wheels. So one day on my way home, I decided it needed a better acronym. Some of the candidates:

Hardware On Rolling Support Environment

System Hardware Enabling Enhanced Portability

And of course:

Portable Instructional Goodies

:slight_smile:

Bob the Random Expert
“If we don’t have the answer, we’ll make one up.”

Fecal Aromatic Rectal Tremor

G.

BOHICA

Bend Over Here It Comes Again

Good Cops = Pride, Integrity, Guts.

Bad Cops = Prejudiced, Ignorant, Gunhappy

This is from the book Ringworld but I really love it and use it a lot: Tanj! There ain’t no justice!

I also like: Fubar! Fucked up beyond all repair. I don’t know who coined it, it wasn’t me, but I use it all the time.

I thought it was Fucked Up Beyond All Recognition.

Also useful is Fuck Off And Die.

Some Asshole Thought About Nothing… oops that would spell… :wink:

The name of Calvin’s secret club from Calvin & Hobbes: GROSS; Get Rid Of Slimy girlS.

I shouldn’t be taking cheap shots at the departed, but nobody has mentioned the most obvious acronym of all:

Annoying Reactionary Godpusher

Federation for Advancement of Gay Students. I have considered founding this organization myself many times.

Acronyms are very useful if you wish to disguise your real meaning. When I was forced to keep a diary, I always called my mom GAPM (Great All-Powerful Mom) so she wouldn’t know what I meant when she read it.

I also made up acronyms when I was in the Army: ARMY (@$$holes, Retards, Morons & Yokels) 1SGT (1 Silly Giant Turd). I probably shouldn’t have. I’ve heard rumors that the entire military is not as screwed up as Hell co. was, but I never got the chance to find out. I’m a PFC now (Private F-ing Civilian, not Private First Class… and I didn’t make that one up.) :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

possibly the world’s only naive cynic

I remember in one of the Naked Gun films, there’s a dinner hosted by the president (it’s 2 1/2, I think) and there are all sorts of hot shots present. Various chairmen-of-the-board are introduced, all are presidents of companies/societies with very funny acronyms. I think the associaton for nuclear research is K.A.B.O.O.M., and there are various others… anyone ??

Coldfire

“You know how complex women are”

• Neil Peart, Rush (1993)

FUG- Fucked Up Guy (every workplace has one)
WT- White Trash.
WTOP- White Trash On Parade.
FNG- Fuckin’ New Guy (what we call the new boss)
PEBKAC- Problem Exists Between Keyboard And Chair.

More to follow as I remember them.

S.A.T.A.N. -some a**hole totally anti normal :wink: