A Genuine Caption Contest

…where the pictures to caption are visible in the thread.

The rules should be simple:

• Somebody posts a picture.
  • Players submit their caption proposals over the next 24 hours.
  • At the end of the 24 hour period, the person who posted the picture declares the winner.
  • The winner posts the new picture, and so on.
  • If a winner is not declared after the 24 hour period, or if the winner fails to show up, anyone can post a new picture for the game to continue.

Now I will post the first picture. Please submit as many good entries as possible so that I will have a hard time picking the best caption. :slight_smile:

“Damn! My pick in the fifth at Santa Anita lost. Mom, call my bookie!”

Nice. I feel like participating in this one too, but I’m not allowed, of course. I forgot to mention it in the rules.

Plus, multiple entries are allowed. I forgot to mention that too. :slight_smile:

Mom this just gives me the shits, why am I reading a newspaper when all the other kids have iPads?

I never understand Arlo & Janis.

“Damned TP hoarders! Which side of this paper is softest?”

The winner of this round of the game is going to be announced in less than an hour.
Please submit your final entries. :slight_smile:

“There’s a sale at Penny’s!!!”

In a minute! Miss Piggy and Kermit are getting back together again!

It’s time to announce the winner.

I enjoyed every entry in this round and I want to thank all the participants.

But, as they say, there can only be one winner.

And the winner is needscoffee, with “In a minute! Miss Piggy and Kermit are getting back together again!”

The runner up is Prof.Pepperwinkle, with “I never understand Arlo & Janis.”

Thank you everyone again for your wonderful participation.

@needscoffee, please post the next picture to caption.

Thanks, UY_Scuti! While I’m delighted to win, I haven’t been able to round up an appropriate photo to submit. Would you or runner up Prof.Pepperwinkle like to step in to keep this moving along? (I thought his caption was funnier anyway.)

Sure, needscoffee.

@Prof.Pepperwinkle , sir (I guess), it’s time for you to do the honors. Please post the next picture to caption.

All righty, then.

https://th.bing.com/th/id/OIP.Zjrk3j2LsHfbq6rNr0gmRQHaEK?pid=Api&rs=1

It’s not letting me post the actual picture for some reason…

“Rare picture of the Panda Warrior taking a break.”
“I’m getting out of here, now!”

This is why they can’t get those pandas to mate. How is Hsing-Hsing supposed to compete with THAT?

@Prof.Pepperwinkle I hope it looks acceptable. :slight_smile:

Charging through the bamboo jungles on his valiant steed, Ling Ling heroically slays the evil Genghis Khan and singlehandedly defeats the Mongols to the acclaim of all his people!

Everyone is adjusting to the COVID-19 travel restrictions these days.

Rule 34 meets Cuteness Overload.

Born in 2014, Bao Bao was a Horse in China and a panda for the rest of the world.