A heartfelt message to the mailbox pipe-bomber

I thought he was from Minnesota. He only goes to school in Wisconsin.

I’m sure his new cellmate, Bubba, will be more than happy to wipe that smile of dude’s face.

The guy’s a terrorist. He should be dealt with as such. But why do I have the feeling that his loving parents are about to appear on Larry King and tell us all about how tough the poor kid has had it since his hamster died when he was eleven? And that he’s bi-polar? And that he’s had a history of instability? And that he needs treatment, not prison? And that he was put up to this by the Illuminati?

Heck, the dad’s already been on the news saying his precious little darling’s not dangerous.

"Neither snow, nor rain, nor heat, nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds."

But these days we have to add anthrax and pipe bombs to the list.

I do wish the assorted nutjobs, haters and fanatics of the world would lay off the postal service. I still like getting mail, even in this electronic era.

Whew! You’re right! You can claim him, but he did date someone from Madison, which may be why he sent the letter to the Badger Herald, which I heard was printed in full on their website.

Japan Times headline:

Pipe-bomb suspect nabbed in Nevada
Art Student ‘Trying to Make a Statement’

:sigh: I miss the days when art students just stood in the town square smearing themselves with feces to the tune of Also Spracht Zarathustra when they wanted to ‘make a statement’.

The fuckhead’s “statement” was… wait for it…

A happy face.

I shit you not. Here’s the article. And here’s a map.

You know, after the utter nonsense that started assailing this nation starting in November of 2000, I swore that nothing could be more absurd. It turns out that was just the opening-day ceremonies.

Sofa, your map doesn’t work. I suggest using the link in Elwood’s post instead.

Sofa, your map doesn’t work. I suggest using the link in Elwood’s post instead.

Can someone please fix the submit reply so it doesn’t echo anymore?