A letter from Bud Selig to Frank Robinson

Dear Mr. Robinson;

I know that you were an intense player during your career, and a determined manager and GM afterwards.

But you are managing the Montreal Expos. A team that we were supposed to shrink to nothing this year, but will next year. When we made you manager, it was with the understanding that you are to drain what’s left of the morale of the team and their few remaining fans, making the players wish to be traded. But instead you as usual have to again mess up baseball management’s and owners’ plans once more, by having the Expos play like they were the 25 time World Champions. Now I suppose that you want to win the World Series with this team, don’t you?

Let this be my last letter about this matter. I hope you will do what’s in the best interest of the owner MLB.

Sincerely,

Bud Selig
Commisioner

Well, of course ya shoulda see the success of les Expos coming, Bud. Haven’t you ever watched Major League? I hear Bob Uecker is going to be the new Expos play-by-play announcer…

Well, of course ya shoulda seen the success of les Expos coming, Bud. Haven’t you ever watched Major League? I hear Bob Uecker is going to be the new Expos play-by-play announcer…

OMG, it’s the self-correcting post! Run for your lives!!!

Do you suppose Selig wakes up in a cold sweat if he has a nightmare about a Expo - Twins World Series?

If that happens, I’ll drop all pretense at being a good agnostic.

Although, if there is an Expo-Twins WS, what are the odds on baseball ever getting decent revenue sharing?

Yeah, I’d love to see it happen.

And it would make my mom so happy to see me become a rabbi.

If there’s an Expos-Twins World Series, what reason would there be to believe that baseball needs revenue sharing?

Minnesota attendance has always been good when the Twins win. If they make the World Series they’ll draw three million fans next year. The Expos, if they’re allowed to stay in Montreal, would see a big jump, too.

minty green, that’s just what they want you to think… ya see, it’s all a conspiracy… every decade or so, the big market teams throw a bunch of games… let the small market teams win… give 'em just enough success… maybe even win the world series… that way, there will never be revenue sharing… it’s brilliant…

does this tinfoil hat make my ears look big?