A letter to lswote, self-absorbed turd

hell, I want your number tattooed to the back of my hand…

Notthemama, Billdo’s OP wasn’t “riding into battle” for anyone. It was about as balanced a piece of advice as could be given in the circumstances. I hope that it was heeded. I can only hope that the rest of your post (paras 3&4) was a combination of lessons learnt and self-deprecating sarcasm.

picmr

Lawdy lawdy lawdy! I just got back from MPSIMS! WHEW!

lswote, get thee to a reputable therapist, or graduate from 8th grade, whichever would be faster. Sheesh.

Billdo - very nice summation.

Wally said:

Hmmm, perhaps you assume he really is a newbie? {cough} {cough} {sock puppet} {cough} {cough}

SINsApple wrote:

Oh, no - he’d never come back under another name… :rolleyes:

Esprix

Well I for one am sad that Iswote finds it difficult to cope.

There has been a lot of helpful advice and posters have been patient enough to try and explain things but it doesn’t seem to have worked.

There can only be two explanations, either this is simply a wind-up to have a joke on the board ( I hope it is) or sadly there really is a person with a few problems that they cannot deal with at this time.
If it is the latter then we can only be tolerant and gently point out where improvements can be made. I work with drug addicts a lot and they say the most evil things to you but you know that someone else within is talking.All you can do is stand back and be there.It is hard to understand the pain someone is going through.

Yes, I know this is not a therapy forum.

Or its a good piss take.

He’s still a crybaby.

Esprix

Uke said:

You play cribbage? I’m an addict! Played since I could walk. Ever play on Yahoo? Let me know - I’m a cribbage bad-ass.

I just wanted to make it clear that my comments about anyone trying to pick up women on the message board was not about Lswote.

I am not agreeing or disagreeing with what you are saying on this thread I just though I would clear that up. =)

Thanks

Well, golly, consider it done.

For the record:
I was being sarcastic when I said, “Looks like I didn’t miss anything.” I didn’t realize that for this particular group I needed to put in all the “sarcasm enabled” jokes.

I was genuinely thankful that Billdo summarized the whole flap for me, saving my having to wade through all of it.

I genuinely like Lswote–I don’t think he’s a turd.

I admire Billdo for “riding into battle” on behalf of his sister.

Sorry you all seem to consider me a sanctimonious asshole. The Better Half did try to warn me–said, “Your true personality won’t come over the pixels, better not even try.” Score one point for the Better Half. Even as I type this, the calm voice from the other side of the dining room table is reminding me, “In three months, six months, tops, you won’t be talking to these people anymore, you’ll have moved on to something else.” I have a very wise person for a spouse.

A very unlucky person for a spouse, too, it’s beginning to seem.

Three months? Six months? Why wait? Avoid the Christmas rush and leave now.

Don’t let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya.

We ‘expendables’ will somehow find a way to muddle through without your 1,500 posts in one month. A sure sign of someone whose a little too in love with himself – a theory supported by the sanctimony in your last post.

NTM = another sockpuppet I’ll bet.

Billdo , Milossarian.
I suppose this is the beauty of SDMB but I don’t agree with you about Notthemama.
But if that’s your opinion, well, fine.

Has anyone noticed the topic of this thread hasn’t posted to it? Does he even know it exists?

Esprix

Yeah, I know it exists. Can’t argue with a lot that was said. I was lost and looking for help anywhere I could find it, and in too much pain to be patient and more reasonable. It was hard to “suck it up”, as one poster put it, but ultimately that was the only solution for me. I kept waiting for someone to rescue me but no rescue ever came so I learned to live with life as it is.

The post you are responding to is more than 20 years old, and Esprix hasn’t posted here for a year and a half.

I’ve never seen an over 20-year-old thread suddenly get attention…anywhere. How funny, haha.

-Baleaf

I know. This thread has haunted me for years as it describes me at my worst. Just thought I would finally weigh in.

I didn’t read the whole thread, but if you @lswote have turned your world around for the better, congrats for that.

You could share your triumph in this new thread if you thought it worth sharing:

This is one of the more remarkable and noteworthy zombified threads. Credit to its subject for coming back to acknowledge it after all this time. And don’t beat yourself up too much about it - I daresay 20 years ago my username could have been fairly used in the thread title. Hell, it probably could be now, sometimes.

I confess I have not ready anything in this thread, except the following, which I find to the the VERY BEST THING I have read on the straight dope in the past few months:

21 YEARS LATER

It’s been a while since we’ve seen lswote — their last post was 11 years ago.

This is GOLD!

Somebody (@Esprix) had last posted in this thread 21 years ago. And @lswote had lasted posted somewhere else on the Dope 11 years ago.

What is funny about this? I now see something funny in the thread, but I’ll leave it for others to notice what.

Like zombie threads, sometimes I rise from the dead as well…

Esprix