A memorial for my son Matt

The video is kind of a rough draft put together by my wife. Not to come off as a one trick pony but there are those on this board who had/have been keeping up with my son. The song is “Spring” by The John Butler Trio and captures exactly how we feel.

Wow A wonderful child. I’m in tears.

What a beautiful boy. I am so sorry for your loss. Matt looks like he loved life.

Yes, an absolutely beautiful boy. I’m so sorry for your loss.

What a sweet soul. His eyes were absolutely captivating. Thank you so much for sharing.

That was very moving for me. What a sweet and beautiful baby he was. I didn’t really know him, just followed his story for a while, but I miss him. Thank you.

How beautiful. He looks like a positively wonderful child. I am so sorry for your loss, thank you for sharing this with us.

Many people commented on his eyes and his cheeks. He had such a love for life. He could smile through anything. There are so many pictures of him smiling because there are so few where he isn’t. Thanks everyone who has responded so far. It’s late so I’m going to bed. I’ll check back in tomorrow.

I didn’t follow his story, this is the first I’ve heard of Matthew. What a beautiful child! I celebrate his life with you, and mourn his loss. May his smile live with you always.

{{{Redfrost and family}}}

That was heartbreaking. Thank you for sharing it with us. My heart goes out to you. He definitely looks like a bundle of joy. Those eyes! hugs

What a beautiful son you had for a very short time on this earth. Matthew’s journey was a short one but it looks like he brought an immense amount of joy to your lives. That was a beautiful memorial.

An acquaintance of mine has a 3-year old daughter that was just diagnosed with Stage 4 Neuroblastoma and her prognosis isn’t good. Some things just aren’t fair. :frowning:

My computer here at work is currently having Flash troubles that I can’t fix since I’m not an Administrator on this PC, so I can’t watch the video, but this is the first time I’ve heard of this. I did a search on your name to read your previous threads, and I just wanted to offer my condolences on your son’s tragic death. This world is pretty messed up sometimes, isn’t it? I’m so sorry for your loss. :frowning:

You chose well.

I don’t think there’s anything more beautiful and pure in our world than a baby’s smile, and he’s a very beautiful child indeed.

The raw (for want of a better word) and intense voice coupled with the rhythm and the various tempos really exemplify the little one’s short, innocent life, and I too, was moved to tears as I watched.

My heart hurts for your loss.

Bill

I also wanted to say that after reading your acccount, and other accounts that you and other posters linked to in other threads, I have become a lot more aware of something I never really spent much time thinking about. If I wasn’t barely scraping by as it is, I would pony up the $50 to be tested and put on the bone marrow registry in a heartbeat. Unfortunately, I’m broke as hell, so it will have to wait until I have a better job.

Thank you, though. Seriously. You’ve made at least one person aware enough of this issue to be choking back tears at work and furtively glancing around in the hopes that nobody noticed a full-grown man sniffling for no apparent reason. :frowning:

Some things definately aren’t fair. Some things just plain suck. You might want to let your acquaintance know about Caring Bridge. It is a free site for people to keep a daily journal, essentially a blog, about the progress of an ill loved one. We have a page for Matt that we updated almost daily for the entire time he was getting treated. My wife still updates a few times a month. It is a great way to keep loved ones informed without making hundreds of phone calls or sending hundreds of emails a week. Send my blessings to your friend and her child.

hugs Redfrost

I just don’t know what to say, beautiful child, my thoughts are with you and yours.

Oh, such a beautiful baby, and such a terrible loss. Thank you for sharing him with us!!

What an incredible memorial for such a beautiful boy. While saddened, I’m a little prouder for having registered with the bone marrow donor program years ago.

neutron star, you don’t have to donate any money to support. You can register to walk in the Cure Searchor Light the NightWalk to raise money for research and support. The Leukemia/Lymphoma Society was a huge help during Matt’s treatment. Here in Delaware the Cure Search walk is taking place on 10/18/08 in Wilmington. My family and I will be participating.

Thanks so much for posting the video. I was hoping you would after I saw the post on Matt’s Caring Bridge page.

It has been an honor to learn from what you guys have walked through. I’ve said this before, but I looked to your posts for experience, strength and hope when my infant nephew was near death, waiting for his liver transplant.

Deb