A note on quotes from your friendly neighborhood TubaDiva.

We’ve had quite a few incidents of late where someone posts not only a link to a cite or an interesting article, but they also cut and paste the entire text into the thread.

That’s not the way to do things around here. Not only is it a violation of copyright and a waste of bandwidth, you shouldn’t make everyone wade through an entire article just to prove your point.

It’s very good to hyperlink to whatever it is you want people to read and it’s permissible to quote a short excerpt as a pointer. That’s it, though.

Any questions about SDMB policy? Let us know. Send me an email (TubaDiva@aol.com) or open a thread in About This Message Board.

Thanks.

your humble TubaDiva
Administrator

PS I’m going against our usual rule and crossposting this in a couple other forums – I didn’t want to disturb Ed’s survey announcement, can only have one announcement at a time around here – this is not an invitation for more crossposting by the Teeming Millions.

I was under the impression that if you are cross, you’re supposed to post in da Pit and nowhere else. :confused:

bump

See, but Tuba overrules her own rules… the facist she is ;).