A Pit thread for Asahi

Why do I have the feeling that asahi’s super-secret encoded plan will be,
BESURETODRINKYOUROVALTINE

I think this is the main point. It’s not that he’s wrong about the Republicans’ intent. It’s that he’s really fucking annoying and unconstructive.

It’s not the intent; it’s the results.

The homophobia is just a bonus, right?

Don’t forget that I’m a misogynist as well :roll_eyes:

“I insult men by comparing them to women. But it doesn’t mean I think women are lessor, or course not. Women are great, in their place!”

Or maybe you’re not a misogynist, maybe you’ll just say whatever it takes to get attention. Me me me!

Maybe he’s Dr. Cox.

For at least two years now.

One sometimes gets the feeling that the end goal is to stand atop the ruins of America saying “See? I told you so!”.

I’m sure there will be time enough at last for such a stunt.

Best pack some extra glasses for the occasion.

:fist_right::fist_left:

Good god, man! Are you brain dead? Do you have some sort of mental/social disability?

What on earth would possess you to post something as equally offensive as what is being discussed here? In other words, what was your motivation?

You seem like the type of poster who would benefit from reading more and posting less.

As it seems to have flown over at least two poster’s heads, I was likening asahi’s post to Brian’s “joke”. Stewie is the collective 'dope saying not cool. The point was that both came across as very offensive, not that I found Brian’s joke to be funny (it’s funny that Brian is racist, his Black joke wasn’t itself funny).

~Max

I don’t think that anything flew over anyone’s head here.

They pointed out that you referenced an offensive “joke”, which you did. That you were using it as an example as another offensive joke is not anything that people are confused by. What confuses anyone is why you would choose to do such a thing.

It doesn’t matter if you found it funny or not, what matters is that you thought it was appropriate to share with the class.

It really wasn’t.

This being the pit, I doubt anything will come of it other than other posters thinking poorly of you. But I would caution against using such tactics in other forums where it is more likely that there would be sanctions.

How’s that workin’ for ya?

It seems I misread the room, and actually have no idea why dopers bother pitting people.

~Max

We pit people so that we can talk about the stupid and/or offensive shit that they have said, not so that we can say stupid and/or offensive shit ourselves.

It’s really not that difficult a concept.

:raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed: Um, I’ll push back and say that I say stupid stuff, but I am usually not trying to.

Fair question, CMC. Fair question.