A Pit thread for Asahi

Join the club!
(We meet Thursday nights after Grey’s Anatomy, at Ed’s Bowl ‘N’ Bluff. For bowling, poker and saying stupid stuff)

Seriously, I’ve appreciated it when some of you have called me on my “Anything can be a joke” attitude.

Now asahi thinks Alec Baldwin should serve hard time, not because of the details of the shooting, which are not yet known, but because asahi thinks he’s a scumbag.

Lest anyone think that’s hyperbole, he really did say:

I hate Alec Baldwin and hope he does hard time in prison.

And when asked needscoffee asked “Without even know the details of how it happened?”

I don’t need to know the details. He’s a scumbag.

So I’m now firmly in the “He’s losing it” camp.

I was tempted to ask him “So, if anyone that you hate is involved in an accident, they should immediately be incarcerated? Can we have a list, so’s not to miss anyone? Or have you given it to the authorities already?”

He thinks Baldwin deserves it because of the viral recording of Baldwin angrily berating his daughter. Worth doing hard time for?

And for a completely unrelated incident.

Hoo, boy, just wait til I catch Tom Cruise jay walking… in the slammah!

Okay, now that one I can get behind!

Uh-oh, suicide by mod.

What a sad fellow. Oh well. Spending time away from here would probably do him some good.

His fuck-filled response (to a mod from another forum who just happened to be reading and ban him from the thread) ended with "Fuck it - I get it. Enjoy your declining membership. Fuck you and go to hell.

“I’m done.”

I only hope he is.

For his sake and ours. I’d love to be able to read a political thread without him butting in repeatedly to say “See? I was right and you were all wrong, every one of you!”

i wondered what was going on after he was kicked out of the MLB playoff thread …

This isn’t his first meltdown, iirc. Barring a banning, I’m predicting this is a flounce 'n return.

The best part is that if I’m wrong, great! And if I’m right I get to come in here and say, “do you morons see? I was right all along!”

I begin to see the appeal of the tactic.

Has Trump weighed in on the Baldwin thing?

I don’t hang out here in the Pit much.
I thought asahi’s behavior in the Baldwin thread was terrible, but I had no idea there was already a 400-plus-post Pit thread about the guy.

If he’s really gone, I won’t miss him.

Now imagine what woulda been said if Baldwin was a Republican!

Am I a bad person for thinking “Wow - Baldwin’s Trump impersonation is so good, he’s shot someone and will get away with it!”? Yes I am.

But I am genuinely sad about the whole incident and the death of a promising young cinematographer as well as the effect it is likely to have on Baldwin (assuming he’s not actually culpable in some way). And asahi is absolutely being a dick about it.

Yeah, his behavior in that thread was unconscionable.

I do largely agree with his broader thesis that American democracy is in much greater danger than most people are willing to face, however stridently and abrasively he expressed it.

This thread, though? That was utterly reprehensible.

If this is his suicide by mod, good riddance.

You mean the broader thesis where we round up all Republican voters into concentration camps and toss the keys? And actually meant it seriously and literally?

That’s beyond abrasive or strident.

It probably made that asshole’s day. The fact that someone died is of no concern to him.

Yes, asahi was a complete dick in the Baldwin thread. Time to ban his sorry ass.

Trump will be consumed with envy because Baldwin shot somebody in broad daylight and probably won’t lose any fans.

Eh, his dickery at most warrants a short suspension. Sniping at the moderator and violating instructions to stay out of the thread, however…