A plea to Jon Stewart

Maybe the reason is that TDS gets its news from Tivo. The MSM reporters worry about offending those in power and not getting that big story - TDS reporters don’t give a crap, and so they can speak truth.

And I second the wish that Obama uses the clips in an ad. I’m betting he does - the guy is smart - though he may save it for closer to November.

This is true. The New York Times recently ran an article about Jon Stewart and the Daily Show, in which they said, “The day begins with a morning meeting where material harvested from 15 TiVos and even more newspapers, magazines and Web sites is reviewed.”

Is there anyplace that I can see recent Jon Stewart bits online? Of course, I mean viewing them legally coughor notcough cough. I’m overseas and frustrated to be missing out on this.

I’m going to guess that you mean thedailyshow.com is region locked? If not there, if so I think you’re out of luck.

Hulu.com has all the recent episodes. The only drawback to viewing them on Hulu is a single commercial at each of the standard commercial breaks. Totally worth it, IMO.

:smack: I was going by that Hulu thing, as Bosstone mentioned – everything that site has is region locked. But the dailyshow website itself is viewable, thanks!

I’m in Indonesia and I legally download the daily show on itunes, also CNN international runs the Daily Show Global Edition on Saturdasy (showtime varies by timezone) that is highlights from the week’s episodes.

After Anchorage, town populations up here take a dramatic nosedive, and for good reason. Anchorage has a relatively mild climate and a large land area, and is accessible by land, sea, rail and air. Fairbanks is second, for some of the same reasons, although its climate is extreme. Then Juneau, and after that you’re into small towns and villages. The Matanuska-Susitna Borough (which includes Wasilla) is the fastest growing area, however.

My favorite sketch by far has been Samantha Bee trying to get Pubs to say the word “choice”. Absolutely freakin’ hilarious.

Actual photo from Wasilla.

I disagree. When they did the convention fake-biography film of Obama and it started with that Christic theme music from The Lion King (Naaaaa-sim-bweha-baaaah!), I almost fell off the couch I was laughing so hard.

Oh sure, show the upscale part of town…

The past week’s TDS in St. Paul should be nominated for an Emmy. THAT was high quality comedy.

I believe you got your wish today.

If you missed it, TDS on October 6 did a bit showing reaction to Palin in the debate, from Wasilla. It was as as sadly funny as described.

I’ve driven through Wasilla (on the highway, once, as fast as possible). It’s nice to see they actually went up there to sample the local flavor.

“But the Washington Beltway Insiders called it [the debate] a wash.”
“They’re gay.”

It was so scary and pathetic - I would hope Wasilla could sue TDS for mis-representing their town by showing how Jason Jones went to some place that was holding a Stupid Food Convention and everyone had just eaten. If they can’t do that because it turns out Wasilla is really like that?! I am speechless…

My god that was horrendous - Jones didn’t even have to be his annoying self; all he had to do was shut up - and he actually did and let them hang themselves.

When “jus’ plain folk” say stuff like that and behave that way - openly wishing for McCain to have a heart attack so their GILF could become President, racism, etc. - it plays into every awful stereotype. What maroons.

Thanks for reviving this. I’ll watch the rerun tonight, as I can never stay awake that late. I doubt that it will be any surprise to me, as Wasilla is a shithole of the first order. A lot of people who think they’re rugged individualists live out there, but they’ve all got their heads firmly in the government trough. Mostly, it’s those who decry the city life, but whine about not having a Costco. If Wasilla wasn’t on the Parks Highway, it would suffer economic collapse in short order. As it is, it’s an eyesore and a monument to the complete lack of building code enforcement that has gone on there for many, many years. It’s one of those redneck places where people consider stupidity to be a virtue.

You mean, like, almost every other small rural town in America?

Link to Wasilla clip.

Don’t know as I’d paint with that broad a brush.

I honestly thought Uncle Jesse was dead.

Of course as much as I dislike Palin I can’t, for reasons of karma and professional courtesy, watch a clip like that without a huge caveat. Living in Alabama I know many many well educated/well spoken/well informed people on both sides and in the middle of the political spectrum and of all ages and demographics, but NONE of them will ever be interviewed on television so long as there’s a knuckle dragging rebel flag wearing deranged seeming good ol’ boy or obese psycho embittered toothless grandma or high strung angry black woman, none of whom have points that remotely make sense, around and willing to be on camera.