A question to C K Dexter Haven on the art of the insult in GD

[QUOTE=Zoe]
As for “artfully crafted insults,” search the archives for almost everything that elucidator has posted. You are in the presence of genius. I worship the ground he teeters on.
[/QUOTE]

Nice. In a thread like this, a good laugh is much appreciated. My thanks.

[QUOTE=Schuyler]
Just noticing - both before and after you stated that this thread could/should be moved to GD from the Pit, you had some choice words for your fellow Straight Dope posters:…

Where exactly do you think personal insults should be allowed, anyway?
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I meant to post that immediatley after it was moved but got sidetracked. I guess after the the initial insults were made, it was a dumb request. My mistake.

[QUOTE=Zoe]

As for “artfully crafted insults,” search the archives for almost everything that elucidator has posted. You are in the presence of genius. I worship the ground he teeters on.

Pax
[/QUOTE]
I gotta tell ya: with elucidator’s sense of humor and my . . . well, with elucidator’s sense of humor, I could get so many women!

[QUOTE=magellan01]
This is a valid point, although I’d quarrel with “frequently”. But the vast majority of those instances I did not start the battling. In fact, I attempt to try to get by it without vitriol. What I have been guilty of from time to time is smashing a mosquito with a sledgehammer. Most times this is intentional, as I prefer to argue based on the merits, and I hope to send the message to not start stupid shit in a good discussion. It has been successful to varying degrees. Is there a cost? Yes. But there is a cost either way.

[/QUOTE]

And therein lies your problem. You see, you’re just not very smart. You feel threatened by the thousands of posters here, so you get all defensive. You can’t debate your way out of a wet paperbag, so you play the bully card, by your own admission. Contrary to your deranged belief, it hasn’t been very sucessful. Notice how even the few that made a effort to support you this had to hold their nose to do so. You’re a jerk, you bring nothing to the table, and you start fights when you lose debates.

Here’s a bonus question for you: How many threads have you contributed to without any snark at any other poster?

[QUOTE=tomndebb]

As I say, I can see where my statement can be construed as an attack, but my original response was intended as a hypothetical. Given that magellan01 frequently turns disagreements into personal feuds, I did, indeed, ignore his claim that I was making a personal attack. It seemed like just one more of his complaints. Subsequently, we had a bit of an e-mail exchange in which nothing was resolved–certainly not to his satisfaction, after which he took this to the board.

[/QUOTE]
(bolding mine)

You know, some people who would type that (even accepting it’s forgiving nature) might be tempted to apologize. Just a thought.

It’s funny, very often of these boards we comment on how a politician could have saved himself great embarrassment by simply acknowledging a mistake and apologizing. I guess it’s always easier for the other guy.

[QUOTE=magellan01]
(bolding mine)

You know, some people who would type that (even accepting it’s forgiving nature) might be tempted to apologize. Just a thought.
[/QUOTE]
Speaking of apologies that one might feel entitled to…

[QUOTE=Oakminster]
And therein lies your problem. You see, you’re just not very smart.
[/QUOTE]

Hmm. Well since my real world experience doesn’t seem to comport with your theory here, Ill go with the real world. I mean, seeing as it’s the real world and all.

[QUOTE=Oakminster]
You feel threatened by the thousands of posters here, so you get all defensive.
[/QUOTE]

Your premise is wrong, so I’ll have to discount your conclusion. Next.

[QUOTE=Oakminster]
You can’t debate your way out of a wet paperbag, so you play the bully card, by your own admission.
[/QUOTE]

No. I explained when I “play the bully card”, as you say. Reread. Do I take it that you just referred to yourself as less than a wet paper bag?

[QUOTE=Oakminster]
Contrary to your deranged belief, it hasn’t been very sucessful.
[/QUOTE]

Actually it has. Read again why I said I might take the offensive.

[QUOTE=Oakminster]
Notice how even the few that made a effort to support you this had to hold their nose to do so.
[/QUOTE]

I’m not here to make friends. If I do, great. If not, that’s fine, too. I’m here for the discussion. Now if these people that post here are the friends in your life, that’s another problem. There are a few people here who I think I’d like to have a beer with. There are a few that I’d like to piss on, but woldn’t go out of my way to do so. Guess which group you’re in.

[QUOTE=Oakminster]
You’re a jerk, you bring nothing to the table, and you start fights when you lose debates.
[/QUOTE]

Well, I already said I was of the opinion that I don’t start fights. And I resent you portrayal here. I’ve taken the offensive when winning debates, as well.

[QUOTE=Oakminster]
Here’s a bonus question for you: How many threads have you contributed to without any snark at any other poster?
[/QUOTE]

Uh… 23,873,496, 390, 712, 558, 502? Is that right?

Now a question for you, friend. If I am such a horrible debater, I’m sure you’ll be able to point to all the times you’ve eviscerated my arguments and set me straight. I’ll be here waiting. In the meantime, get over here you tough guy you. That’s it… down you go…

FFFLLUSSHHHHH. Now run along and let that be a lesson to you.

A source of continuing amusement to me is the fact that some people believe that getting the last word in is sufficient evidence that their argument has carried the day.

Well sometimes, it’s amusing. Other days, it’s wearying and dull.

[QUOTE=magellan01]
This is rich. I seem to recall you atacking me in The Pit once before. That went well for you, didn’t it? You migth want to review that sneaky, cowardly move of yours and remind yourself what it’s like to be so wrong and get so bitch-slapped you run away for months.
[/QUOTE]
(1) It wasn’t cowardly or sneaky. Not only did I immediately prior to this see a Mod spank a poster hard for what appeared to me at the time to be simply informing another poster in a non-Pit forum that they’d been pitted, I have also seen hundreds of Pit threads for which I’ve/I’d seen no evidence the targets were ever informed. And I’d never seen any contraindication in any FAQ or guideline, either. In short, I was following the rules as I understood them to be at the time.

To imagine that I was a coward, you’d have to be so deluded as to fantasize that I’d be frightened of stupid little cumwipe like you. Not likely.

(2) I wasn’t bitch-slapped by anyone, not even the utterly assholish magellan01, who was subsequently slapped by mods and others for being a gangrenous little infant who can’t get over an innocent, utterly mundane mistake made over a year ago!

(3) I did not “run away”. I’ve been a charter member since April '99, yet I’ve only posted less than 1500 times. That should tell you something.
Get a fucking grip, fuckwit, and get over your own repeated bitch-slapping and stop your pathetic whining and whimpering, you bombastic, self-adulating little momma’s boy.

Amend my last, please; make that; “some people behave as though they believe…”

Dearest ambushed,

If you want to insist that your cowardly move wasn’t cowardly and sneaky, well, I’ll throw out an olive branch. Would utterly dishonorable and sneaky suit you?

And the only reaon I brought it up is because you pitted me once—inappropriately, I’ll add—and your face got reddened. Then you ran away. ANYTHING to not apologize. Hmm, maybe it’s contagious. Now you come into a thread an attempt to pile on in an attempt to do what you couldn’t do on your own. Pathetic. Even you must see that.

[QUOTE=magellan01]
Dearest ambushed,

If you want to insist that your cowardly move wasn’t cowardly and sneaky, well, I’ll throw out an olive branch. Would utterly dishonorable and sneaky suit you?
[/QUOTE]
Once you get out of adolescence, you’ll probably be even more batshit, so by all means, have fun now. And I repeat: It wasn’t cowardly, dishonorable, or sneaky. Not only did I immediately prior to this see a Mod spank a poster, hard, for what appeared to me at the time to be simply informing another poster in a non-Pit forum that they’d been Pitted, I have also seen hundreds of Pit threads for which I’ve/I’d seen no evidence the targets were ever informed. And I’d never seen any contraindication in any FAQ or guideline, either. In short, I was following the rules as I understood them to be at the time. So grow the hell up, okay, pillow-biter?

[QUOTE=magellan01]
And the only reaon I brought it up is because you pitted me once—inappropriately, I’ll add—and your face got reddened.
[/QUOTE]
Bullshit. You can’t seem to stop your endless, pathetic whining about it, even though that was a year ago, you goat-felching simp!

For example, there’s this post where you cried your little momma’s boy’s eyes out about it, only to get slapped down by a mod for personal attacks in GD, followed shortly after with yet another post, in which you not only again sunk to personal attacks in GD (and got reddened again for it), but in which you lied outright about me not providing an exact, undeniable citation for your laughably stupid post for which I Pitted you, wherein you said you’d never accept any citation to any source which agreed with me!

[QUOTE=magellan01]
Then you ran away. ANYTHING to not apologize.
[/QUOTE]
I didn’t “run away”, you niggling little turd, and, as Dio has pointed out, no one believes there’s any reason for me to apologize.

Your pathetic, whiny, paranoid fetish for apologies that you don’t even begin to deserve speaks volumes about your manifest psychopathology.

[QUOTE=magellan01]
(bolding mine)

You know, some people who would type that (even accepting it’s forgiving nature) might be tempted to apologize. Just a thought.

It’s funny, very often of these boards we comment on how a politician could have saved himself great embarrassment by simply acknowledging a mistake and apologizing. I guess it’s always easier for the other guy.
[/QUOTE]

Ahhhhh! Captain, the Irony Meters canna take any more!

[QUOTE=Waverly]
FTW? Fuck the What? That’s fairly Zen. Or is that what happens after your eleventh tequila shot?
[/QUOTE]

I’m just here to explain FTW.

It’s a bit of AIM-speak (supposedly AOL Instant Messenger lingo, though much of it really owes it’s origin to chat in the online First Person Shooter game Counter-Strike and internet message boards) meaning “For The Win!” As in, rooting for something. It’s often used in an ironic sense to jokingly refer to the stereotypically juvenile behavior and discussions of Counter-Strike players, internet forum arguments, AIM-users, etc.

This handy bit of nerd-culture trivia brought to you by H3Knuckles

Why the hell can’t I post anything today?

Regards,
Shodan

[QUOTE=magellan01]
Hmm. Well since my real world experience doesn’t seem to comport with your theory here, Ill go with the real world. I mean, seeing as it’s the real world and all.
[/quote]

Your mommy saying what a smart boy you are doesn’t count.

Fuckwit

Only on the same fantasy planet where you’re a genius…

Blow a goat.

Sooo…you’re a masochist, and you get off on verbal humiliation? Congrats, I guess.

Citations to any debates you’ve won here at SDMB?

The proper response was zero.

As I recall, we’ve tangled twice before in The Pit. Neither time ended well for you. Seems like I challenged you on something in GD once, too…and you backed off relatively quickly. I was actually hopeful you’d learned something…but I guess not.

Dude, you’re twisting in the breeze here. Continuing this thread is just making you look worse. You’ve proved my points for me: 1) You’re a troll 2) You won’t shut up.

[QUOTE=H3Knuckles]
I’m just here to explain FTW.
[/QUOTE]
I prefered Fuck the What to the nerdspeak. FTW! You have just ruined by day.

[QUOTE=Shodan]
Why the hell can’t I post anything today?

Regards,
Shodan
[/QUOTE]

You were told and told to be afraid of Pelosi. Now you know why.

[QUOTE=Oakminster]

  1. You’re a troll 2) You won’t shut up.
    [/QUOTE]
    I agree with point two, but not so much on point one. He’s not a troll. He’s a monkey who types and wears shoes.

cite

:stuck_out_tongue:

[QUOTE=Oakminster]
Your mommy saying what a smart boy you are doesn’t count… Fuckwit …Only on the same fantasy planet where you’re a genius… …Blow a goat… Sooo…you’re a masochist, and you get off on verbal humiliation?.. Congrats, I guess… Citations to any debates you’ve won here at SDMB? The proper response was zero. As I recall, we’ve tangled twice before in The Pit. Neither time ended well for you. Seems like I challenged you on something in GD once, too…and you backed off relatively quickly. I was actually hopeful you’d learned something…but I guess not. Dude, you’re twisting in the breeze here. Continuing this thread is just making you look worse. You’ve proved my points for me: 1) You’re a troll 2) You won’t shut up.
[/QUOTE]

Good heavens, man! Why this is exceptionally dumb, even for you. I’ve addressed most of your points and asinine accusations of trolliing, but your melon is either too dense or too fetid.

But the part I love the best is your attempt to shut me up—IN A THREAD THAT I OPENED! :smack: Can you not comprehend the dumbfuckness of that? Seriously, son, think about it. You come into a thread, that I started—as a GD thread, by the way—seeking clarification on a particular poster’s personal insult to me in GD, and you come in here like a tough guy attacking me and you want ME to stop posting because it’s so painful for you???!!! Hey, here’s some advice: go read another thread. Really, it’s that easy.

I mean, sheesh, if it hurts every time you slam your little dick in the car door, STOP SLAMMING YOUR LITTLE DICK IN THE CAR DOOR. Goodness man, turtles have more sense than you.

Never mind that you were not even involved in that other thread at all, or have deigned to weigh in on the substance of the OP. Why bother? Smeone you don’t like (an honor, I must say) is in the pit and your jackal mentality kicks in. Join the crowd, better odds that way, right toughie?