A request for all Dopers

My father died, and I have to go to his funeral next week.
A friend of mine quit breathing early yesterday morning, and despite all efforts, he is gone.
My request is simple: For a minimum of about a week I need all of you, every single one of you, to stay alive, because I am barely keeping it together right now.
You can be sad. You can be happy. You can be angry. You can be confused. You can be silly. You can be pissed-off.
Just…be.

{{a hug}}, in whatever form you need (including none, if that’s what you need)

Sorry to hear that and I’ll do my best.

An offer of virtual hugs from me, too.

I am juggling a lot right now, mostly in a good way. If i seem unresponsive this week, it’s because I’m busy doing irl stuff.

As I tell my boss every time I leave work, “I’ll try not to get hit by a bus today.”

Take care Czarcasm. Grief is really hard, so you need to be very kind and gentle with yourself. I’m sorry for your loss.

I am so sorry. Sometimes it does seem just too much to bear. I will do my best to comply with your request.

I am so sorry.
I hope the ancient Persian adage helps “This too shall pass.”

With hope and best wishes, I find your request meritorious and agree to your terms.

So sorry to hear Czarcasm, hang in there yourself too.

At 64 I’m a decade beyond what I expected, but I’ll try.

Sorry for your losses.

Oh, dear, I am so sorry that you’ve suffered these loses! The price of love is grief, and I wish I could pay everyone’s debt! :heartbeat:

I’m on it.

Sorry to hear about all that. Be easy on yourself and we’re all here for you.

I will agree to the be silly part. Don’t let anyone tell you how to grieve.

Really sorry to hear this. Will be thinking about you and wishing you the best (or at least comfort).

Damn, I’m sorry.

What @Sunspace said.

I’m so sorry.

Well, damn. I’m sorry for your losses.

I’ll do my part to stay alive for awhile.

Except, the loss of someone doesn’t pass. We permanently move to a new reality that doesn’t have that person in it.

Huh - well, OK then. Was planning to do that anyway, so it shouldn’t be too much of an inconvenience for me to comply.

Losing one person sucks more than enough, let alone two in quick succession, sorry you’re having to go through this.

{{{@Czarcasm}}} I am so sorry for your losses. They are each hard ones. I hope that better memories of your Dad and of your friend help you through these hard times.

@Czarcasm, I am truly sorry to hear that; it really does suck and hopefully you have folks IRL who you can talk to.