A scene in "Easy Rider".

There’s a scene in the movie Easy Rider where the guys get a cold reception at a local cafe. Can anyone tell me the geographical location of that cafe, according to the script?
Bonus points if it’s real and still there. No, I’m not planning a road trip. :wink:
Peace,
mangeorge

Isn’t it Morganza, Louisiana?

And unfortunately, according to this, Morganza locals say it was torn down several years back.

I would think somewhere in Louisiana. The scene in the cafe takes place before George is beaten to death, and at one point during that scene, the guy in the Caterpillar hat say he doesn’t think Wyatt, Billy, and George will make it to the “parish line.” Since Louisiana has parishes instead of counties, that indicates the scene tales place there. According to imdb, one of the filming locations is Franklin, Louisiana. I’d bet that’s where the cafe was. No idea if it’s still there.

edited to add: what lieu said. imdb says the “redneck cafe” is in Morganza, Louisiana

From the Slate article The Easy Rider Road Trip:

IIRC, in the window of the cafe, there is a poster for LSU football. or something similar. Maybe even it says Louisiana SU. or something like that.

hh