A serious question for Sam Stone on Factual Errors

Come to think of it, Sam never apologized for failing for the right-wing email scams about “climate gate”. Again, the emails like the Hunter laptop were real, but the inuendo was as fake as a 3 dollar bill.

I would point out here that in the world of Perry Mason, Hamilton Burger didn’t want to convict the innocent, and was happy that Perry led him to the actual perpetrator in court - and as such, was happy that truth eventually came out, with no “struggle sessions” involved.

After all, Burger won at least half the cases he tried - the half that didn’t get filmed, the ones Mason presented him on a silver platter.

Fantastic.

Way back when you posted this:

The after the trial, I respectfully asked this question:

You have never addressed this.

You are the one that is comparing people criticizing you to “Struggle Sessions”.

Either you are being hurt deeply by your mistreatment here, or you are blowing anyone saying anything that you don’t want to hear way out of proportion.

I have a black belt, too. It holds up my black pants.

“JC Penney, $3.98.”

Of course, Miyagi-san never looted a +5 Belt of Karate Strike from a lich’s horde.

I mean, the right is constantly telling the left that they would win more elections if they would just stop being so mean to people on the right. So … why change something that works?

Over in the Elon Musk Twitter Pit Edition thread, I posted a poll regarding Sam_Stone continuing to tell one particular lie. I guess I really should’ve posted the poll here, and making it more general. So, here’s my redemption for that mistake.

Why Does Sam_Stone lie?

• A. He really and truly wants what he says to be true.
  • B. He does not understand the difference between fact and fiction.
  • C. He does not understand what he reads.
  • D. He knows it is not true, but it serves his agenda (whatever that may be).
  • E. He is too stupid to realize he is repeating lies.
  • F. Other (Please specify in a post below.)
  • G. Oh, Hell; any combination of two or more of the choices above.

0 voters

p.s. And that bit about lhow he met his wife. Now that was some quality writing there. :roll_eyes:

You do know that you can make multi-selection polls, right?

That’s right! Completely slipped my mind. :slaps_self_silly: (Why isn’t that a smiley here?) Here’s the new & improved version. Thanks!

Why does Sam_Stone lie?

• A. He really and truly wants what he says to be true.
  • B. He does not understand the difference between fact and fiction.
  • C. He does not understand what he reads.
  • D. He knows it is not true, but it serves his agenda (whatever that may be).
  • E. He is too stupid to realize he is repeating lies.
  • F. Other (Please specify in a post below.)

0 voters

Welp, I nailed that. Thanks for the validation, Sam.

I voted for all the options. But mainly, I think the answer is “other”: It doesn’t matter to him whether something is really true or not, but how it makes him feel.

Ah, the Tan the Conman approach, aka “truthiness”.

That, and the obsession with ‘winning’ the argument. If you debunk 99% of one of his cites, the 1% that remains, in his not so humble opinion, is the same as his whole point being accurate. Which is why he keeps moving the goalposts - if he generalizes enough, he can always find a ‘win’ and ignore the rest.

Although, within the last couple of months, I’m starting to feel that he’s moving past the “win by any definition” slowly into a sea-lionesque politely troll the libs as well. There’s a certain smugness beyond the martyrdom, a very knowing blindness, and the more the board tries to correct his errors (not beliefs, but factual errors) the more that smugness seems to ooze through this posts.

Well, what else does he have? Between generally being wrong and specifically lying, he’s absolutely destroyed any credibility he had. It’s easier just to go the petulant “You’re just picking on me for partisan reasons” route than to attempt to mend his ways. Plus he’d have to start getting his news and information from more reliable sources, and again that would mean admitting he was wrong in the first place.

Yep. More and more of “You only believe that because you’re a leftie” garbage. Evident in his Elon Musk love-posts. Anyone who has a critique of Musk or does not think he shits gold nuggets is a disgruntled leftie.

I was really quite amused when he said that to me yesterday. I am more than willing to give credit to talent, regardless of whether they are left and right. I can simultaneously disagree with somebody’s politics, while recognizing their talent.

The first thing that comes to mind is Hollywood. There are some right-wing actors that I disagree with but they’re quite talented actors. Clint Eastwood comes to mind for example.

This does not compute to some. They are partisan about unrelated issues, so everyone must be. Projection.

John Wayne was.

The pertinent bit starts at 2:03.

It’s agile development!

Einstein’s Theory of Truthativity