A song off a Simpsons episode which I can't get a hold of

It was the episode in which Mr. Burns son (voiced by Rodney Dangerfield) comes out of the woodwork to embrace his dear father.

Burns doesn’t take well to his unusual charms and so Larry (I think that was his name) and Homer fake a kidnapping event in order to arouse feelings of fatherli-ness in Burns.

So we’re at the last take, and there’s a big party, and music is coming from the background, and Marge asks,

“Where the heck is that music coming from”

to which Homer responds,

“It’s a party Marge, not everything has to make sense”
Okay, so what the hell is the song (I sense someone famous before my time or just during my time) and who the heck sung/co-ordinated/wrote/produced it?

It sounds like classic 70’s/80’s rock, and the lyrics I can’t remember, but go something like this:
Never so… DA DA

Never stop DA DA

Never stop DE DE DE DE DE DE DA DA

Never so… DA DA

Never stop DA DA

Never stop DE DE DE DE DE DE DA DA

Long nights DA DA

Long nights DA DA

Uhhh Lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng nights DE DE DE DE DE DE DA DA

Long nights DA DA

Long nights DA DA

Uhhh Lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng nights DE DE DE DE DE DE DA DA

Okay, clearly I don’t know what the living heck the lyrics are, but basically if you read the above it might just give you the rhythm you’re looking for to find out.

Journey’s “Any Way You Want It” according to http://www.snpp.com/episodes/4F05.html
This song peaked at #23 in early 1980 on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 chart.

It was meant to make fun of the many cheesy 80’s comedy movies that Dangerfield did.

I saw the thread title and immediatly knew the answer was “Any Way You Want it.” This question has been asked here before at least twice, methinks.

Thanx youz. I love u all…
*Any way you want it,

that’s the way you need it,

any way you want it* DA DA DA DA DA DA DE DE

While this may be true in general, I took it specifically as an homage to his role in Caddyshack. “Any Way You Want It” is the song playing when he cranks up his golf-bag radio.

But I agree, it could have been intended as specific reference to a broad theme (the aforementioned “cheesy 80’s comedy movies”).

You say you can’t get a hold of the song? Listen to a classic rock radio station for a few days and you’ll be good and tired of it. :wink:

Sure thing Marley :smiley: