[QUOTE=athelas]
Hear, hear. Maybe it’s just that I notice her more now, but I’m definitely increasingly annoyed by her content-free, kneejerk assumptions, from the Unknown Soldier thread to reflexive Blame-America-First posts.
[/QUOTE]
Com’on now. You’re just being mean, you jackel you. The Hall Monitors will report you now.
The most amusing thing about this spectacle is it’s entirely self-inflicted.
[QUOTE=Jodi]
Oh, please, allow me to add Quiddity who weighs in – with precious little information – to compare the U.S. to Soviet Russia as she piously thanks God to be posting from a “truly free” country like Canada. :rolleyes:
She can kiss my semi-free ass.
[/QUOTE]
I’m glad someone else is getting fed up with her pointless holier than thou crap.
I’m pretty bad at pitting so I haven’t brought it up before.
Jeebus, it’s like she went to the Basil Fawlty school of journalism. It was uncomfortable to watch that unfold. Tashabot, just don’t mention the war.
[QUOTE=TokyoPlayer]
Com’on now. You’re just being mean, you jackel you. The Hall Monitors will report you now.
[/QUOTE]
WTF? The Dope has become just like the Soviet Union! I weep for the future of our board.
[QUOTE=athelas]
WTF? The Dope has become just like the Soviet Union! I weep for the future of our board.
[/QUOTE]
On Soviet Straight Dope, Opal says hi to you.
[QUOTE=DiosaBellissima]
On Soviet Straight Dope, Opal says hi to you.
[/QUOTE]
Yeah, and you have to make do with 1870s-Style Death Rays.
[QUOTE=Duke of Rat]
I offered to sponsor the Guest poster who dug up the blog entry, you can guess how I feel.
[/QUOTE]
Hey if you don’t pay for them I will. ![]()
I read that thread twice, and every time I tried to add 2+2 I got 437.6. Shit in that thread absolutely does not compute.
Personally, I’m just relieved that Tashabot wasn’t criticizing George W. Bush in her LJ! A few posters are dangerously close to suffering a full mental breakdown over Bush’s presidency already. That story might have pushed them right over the edge.
[QUOTE=Happy Scrappy Hero Pup]
It is sentences like this that sometimes make me think “pwned” will someday be in the OED. Because there is no other word that correctly conveys what happened to tashabot.
[/QUOTE]
Sadly, I still don’t know what word he was going for. Or does “pwned” actually mean something? (With all this text message shorthand, who knows?)
[QUOTE=PunditLisa]
Personally, I’m just relieved that Tashabot wasn’t criticizing George W. Bush in her LJ! A few posters are dangerously close to suffering a full mental breakdown over Bush’s presidency already. That story might have pushed them right over the edge.
Sadly, I still don’t know what word he was going for. Or does “pwned” actually mean something? (With all this text message shorthand, who knows?)
[/QUOTE]
Pwned .
[QUOTE=PunditLisa]
Sadly, I still don’t know what word he was going for. Or does “pwned” actually mean something? (With all this text message shorthand, who knows?)
[/QUOTE]
Yeah, it’s computer gamer-speak, an alternate spelling of “owned,” meaning “You were soundly defeated.” Legend has it that it started as a typo and became more popular than “owned.”
[QUOTE=monstro]
Anyone who makes me think kindly of Homeland Security deserves a pitting.
[/QUOTE]
Well said. I concur. I never thought I would look indulgently at HS, but that thread has proven me wrong. Now I feel dirty–I pit tashabot for that alone.
[QUOTE=PunditLisa]
Sadly, I still don’t know what word he was going for. Or does “pwned” actually mean something? (With all this text message shorthand, who knows?)
[/QUOTE]
Personally, I think most people mean “owned” when they use it.
But, hey, I’m pretty old. What do I know.
[QUOTE=athelas]
WTF? The Dope has become just like the Soviet Union! I weep for the future of our board.
[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=DiosaBellissima]
On Soviet Straight Dope, Opal says hi to you.
[/QUOTE]
Oh shit, that was fabulous. You two just made my day.
Thanks, **Ferret, Richard and Sam ** for the lesson on “pwn.” You can put another hash mark in the “Ignorance Fought” column.
Yay, a pitting!
Okay, carry on.
~Tasha
[QUOTE=NurseCarmen]
Jeebus, it’s like she went to the Basil Fawlty school of journalism. It was uncomfortable to watch that unfold. Tashabot, just don’t mention the war.
[/QUOTE]
She mentioned it once, but she thinks she got away with it.
[QUOTE=tashabot]
Anyway, it honestly wasn’t that journal. Ya’ll can believe me or not.
[/QUOTE]
Definitely the mark of a budding young journalist.
Spoken as a budding young journalist myself. In sarcasm, of course.
Although the “letting criticism roll off your back” thing seems to have gotten through…usually only applies to unwarranted criticism though.
[QUOTE=TokyoPlayer]
Com’on now. You’re just being mean, you jackel you. The Hall Monitors will report you now.
[/QUOTE]
I thought QG WAS the hall monitor…
[QUOTE=tashabot]
Yay, a pitting!
Okay, carry on.
~Tasha
[/QUOTE]
A story.
When I was perhaps 15 or so, in the 1950’s, I babysat some local kids. One of whom was 5-6. The kids decided to play hide-n-seek. In the house.
I vividly remember the 5-6 yr-old hiding IN PLAIN SIGHT in the hallway, with his hands over his eyes. He thought we couldn’t see him if he couldn’t see us.
That is all.
Carry on.