A thanks to burundi (and a gift idea!)

Last month, burundi asked us to name our all-time favorite literary characters, inspired by something seen in “Book” magazine.

I’d never heard of this magazine but checked it out and found it really interesting. It has also solved one of my gift-giving dilemmas, which is What To Give My Mother-In-Law For Mother’s Day. She’s an avid reader and I know she likes the backstory behind authors and books, so she will love a year’s subscription.

I’m making a thread about this because I didn’t want burundi to go unthanked (but s/he has elected to not get email) and because I thought others might be intrigued by this magazine. It’s like a literary “People,” which I don’t mean to be a slam. What a crappy simile. Hmmm. I take that back, I don’t know what it’s like.

I get some of the best ideas and discoveries thanks to fellow Dopers. And I don’t pass that on enough.

Thanks, Cranky. I’m glad I was able to help out. I have to confess, though, that my housemate is actually the one who subscribes to “Book.” I just get to reap the benefits :slight_smile: