A thread for all things Cephalopod

It’s disappointing that you keep repeating the same things which don’t conflict with my criticism in any way.

Again, I don’t care, at all, not a single iota, if you “want evidence” or if you’re “naturally skeptical”. Seriously. That’s fine with me. Want evidence all you want. Be skeptical all you want. I literally could not care less what is happening in your own mind.

But you’re attacking women who did nothing more than come forward and tell their stories. That’s what you did. You implied that they might be dishonest, and that they should have come forward sooner. That’s your words, and those words are wrong. It’s not being skeptical, or wanting evidence. It’s attacking women who came forward and told their stories.

Do you see that? Do you see that you just made it harder for the next women to come forward, just a tiny bit, and easier for the next abuser to attack his victims who tell the truth?

Again, you don’t have to say “I believe them”. You don’t have to believe them. You don’t have to believe anything, or do anything. But if you choose to say something, and what you say implicitly attacks these women, then shame and more shame on you. This is not about skepticism or wanting evidence. It’s about making it easier for abusers to abuse, and harder for victims to come forward and tell their stories. And that’s what your words, and other words from folks who attack these women, explicitly or implicitly, do.

Please don’t attack women, even implicitly, just for coming forward and telling their stories. Shame on you if you continue to do this, and double shame on you if you tell others that it’s okay to do this. It’s not okay, and it’s never okay. Please don’t contribute to this ugly part of our society and culture.