A Very Early and Stolen MMP

If I lived somewhere there were alligators, today would be a good day to stick my head in it’s jaws.

That would make my headache go away, right? :wink:

Okay, if it makes anyone feel any better, I just made an appointment with the doctor for 8:30 am tomorrow morning.

**TWO ** - glad to hear it.
It seems every one is having a real MONDAY of a Monday!

I’m glad you made the appointment TWO. Better to play these things safe.

Mika the WallyWorld here is actually in Lee County, just over the line from Albeeny. I mention this because I live in Lee County and read the local weekly newspaper (Motto: You Do It In Lee County And We’ll Print It), which is usually full of people being fined in Magistrate Court for writing bad checks at WallyWorld. So, see, they’re really just trying to keep their names out of the “Lee County Ledger.” :smiley: Just tell ‘em "We declahned yore check cuz yew been bouncin’ checks lack they wuz basketballs all over southwest Jawja." What? It’d be good for a few giggles.

Bobbio I’ll send word up to the GDS bears not to eat you. I won’t guarantee they won’t filch your beer though. That’s the really bad thing about we bears.

My best friend in junior high had a phone number just off from the local home and garden center. People would constantly call, but if they slurred their words right, she’d get mightily confused, as her name (Shannon) sounded a whole dang lot like the name of the store (Channel). Eventually, she got tired of telling them they were calling the wrong number and answer their questions any way she felt like. “Yes, we’re open till midnight.” “No, we don’t sell lawnmowers at all.”

Thanks, Weird One. I hate nagging people I’ve never met…

Frappin’ hamsters love my posts! They ate the one to last week’s MMP, and they just ate the one I just typed up.
I need all you Dopers who are gettin’ rain that you don’t want, to send it my way. WE need all we can get.

I had a good Mommies Day. My hubby took me to Logan’s roadhouse for din-din. I had a steak, baked sweet potato, and cimanin apples. I can’t say cinnamon any more because of my six year old. (Yup, blamin’ her)

Last week sucked muchly at the Sneezy household. First, my Mil’s pug, Sarge died. (he was 14-15 y.o., so it wasn’t unexpected, but we’re still sad.)
Then, a few days later, my Fil passed away. We went to my home town for the funeral, and my oldest daughter got sick, and barfed on Grandma’s couch.

My 6y.o.'s kindergarten graduation is Thurs., so hopefully that will help to cheer us up some.

Swampy, stay away from the gators, they might like bear meat!

Mika, don’t know what’s up with Wally World, but they are making lots of changes lately, so this might be fallout from all the upheaval.

Gotta run to the laundromat,
Happy Monday!
Sneezy
:slight_smile:

My landline is real close to the number for both a shoe store and Papa John’s Pizza. I’ve been known to tell people that the shoe store would be glad to hold that exact pair of shoes they were looking for and/or to take pizza orders when I get tired of constant calls. Funny thing is it doesn’t happen a lot, but when it starts for either one it seems like it’s all dang evening long. What I like is when I don’t answer the phone (caller I.D. is a good thing!) and people leave messages for pizza orders. Freakin’ hilarious! :smiley: Or, I say something like, “Yum! That sounds good! Give me your address, then call Papa John’s and order it. I’ll bring some beer.” Or, say stuff like “That particular shoe is out of style right now. Have you considered slingback pumps in periwinkle?” I get hung up on a lot.

I ate a bunch of teriyaki chicken and veggies for lunch. I’m sooooo sleepy right now! Why do I hafta be at work! Life is so unfair!

Growing up, our phone number was 1 digit off the School District’s admin office - so on snowy days, people would ask us if school was closed. I told mom to always say yes, figuring if no one else showed, I wouldn’t be marked absent

sneezy I’m so sorry about your FIL. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. I’m also sorry about the MIL’s pug. Losing a cherised family pet is always hard, but I’m sure she (or he) had a wonderful, long and much loved life.

For four years? Wow, that’s some upheaval. Yes, it’s been going on for years. I think it’s several Wally Worlds that are doing it, and we are slowly whittling them down.

And I like the basketball line but I haven’t been down south in so long (jesus, almost 20 years) I don’t think I could imitate the accent too well! Wanna record it for me and send it up, swampy? I’ll just play it back all the time.

I know your Amerkin now, but how well can you do an Indian accent? Mess with their heads, and make 'em think you got Wally World’s Bombay call center…

I can do an Indian accent quite well, thankyou. Maybe I’ll try that!

'Allo? Please-to-help-you?

TWO had a dream about me! I’m glad you made the doctor’s appointment - puncture wounds are bad of themselves, and add cat germs…it can be a mess.

Draelin, I love the colors! I did my living room in green, much to my sister-in-law’s dismay. I live in the house she was raised in, and that room has always been white. Well, I don’t like white - it’s too cold. I don’t want a formal living room no one sits in. I’m making a wall hanging to go in there now, and if I can just get rid of the formal white brocade sofa the living room will look wonderful - very warm and inviting. Anyone want a sofa?

Swampy, we have the talking warning alerts, too. If it’s raining, you can’t understand a word the stupid thing is saying. Of course, when the test alarms sounds every Saturday at noon you can understand it quite clearly, and watch several of my cats run circles around the walls and ceiling of the cat suite until it cuts off.

My family is from Central Florida, and I’ve always wondered about the pets of the little old people who live along the canals. “Honey, have you seen Fluffy?”

A white sofa would be just begging for a catastrophic spill incident of some sort in my house. :slight_smile:

Now I’m on a painting kick. It’s a pain in the ass, but now I want to paint the rest of the house in the craziest colors I can think of. Roomie’s going to paint her room brown (which is the last color anybody who knows her would think of), but I’m thinking now we need to do the library, the front hall, the back hall, and maybe we’ll leave the bathroom as is. There’s nothing purple yet …

I heard that two adult females were eaten by alligators this past weekend. Bad weekend for young women. Good weekend for alligators, however.

Today is Maggie the wonder beagle’s 10th birthday. She celebrated by puking on my bed. Hey sneezy, save me a dryer at the laundromat. I called my mother yesterday, so I’m still in the will. Sports note- the Canes won. The google ads in the Hockey thread are for Montreal and New Jersey tickets [Nelson]Ha! Ha! [/Nelson] .

dogbutler
MMP newbie

VunderLair update:

I just called the mortgage guy. He was supposed to take our package over to a live underwriter this morning. He didn’t, but claimed that he was headed out the door to do it when I called. Harumph.

Crappy as my credit it, I want my financing yesterday. What I want is to have a bonerfide offer on the property made before we leave for Indianner on Friday.

Hi y’all. I tried to be the first in the MMP last night, but had my usual luck. And then the smilie I clicked on got confused. Oh well.

Funny you should say that. we lived in Panama City, Fla for about a year when I was a teener, and there was a gator that lived in the ‘canal’ (it was more of a shallow ditch) behind our house. (it was behind all the other houses too. It wasn’t just ours), until someone’s poodle went missing. Then they got rid of it. (the gator).
I read that news article about the gators eating those young women and the part that puzzled me was where they said they were looking for the gators responsible. :confused: Did they leave fingerprints? What?
IIRC, gators aren’t smart enough to be afraid of people and pretty much will attack anything they think they can catch and eat, including people. I’m not real fond of gators. I don’t like anything that would try to kill me if it got the opportunity.

I’m not surprised Maggie puked on your bed if that’s what she’s been drinking.

Gotta go get busy now.

And don’t forget the yearly Burning of the Swamp (N.O.S.). I live on the northern part of that same landmark.

And that’s the Hooter’s we at Technical Thingies go to every so often. We work not too far from there.