A very special mmm music poll – What are your favorite X songs? (see explanation in OP)

TL/DR: I need an X song for the final final poll.

As we are nearing the end of the music polls I am considering how to construct the ultimate poll to end all polls. I would like representation from each letter.

This poses a challenge because I had combined the letters Q, V, X and Z into one poll, rather than granting them each their own.

From this we have solid finalists for Q, V, and Z – which I will include in the finale – but none of the nominated X songs made that final poll.

So, of the 8 nominated X titles, please select one that you would like to see included at the end.

Thanks,

mmm

What is your favorite X song?
  • X Offender – Blondie
  • Xanadu – Olivia Newton-John
  • Xanadu – Rush
  • Xanadu – Unmet Ozcan
  • Xavier – Dead Can Dance
  • X-Kid – Green Day
  • X-Static – Foo Fighters
  • Xtasea – Pierre Moerlen’s Gong
0 voters

To be honest, “X Offender” and “Xanadu” by ONJ are the only songs I know from this list, so I voted for Blondie.

I can’t say i know any of them. I shall leave the voting to those who know better than I.

I was familiar with only 2 of the songs, so I listened to the others on Spotify before voting.

mmm

Ditto. As far as I can remember, the only X song at all that I really know is “XTC vs. Adam Ant” by They Might Be Giants.

Here’s Xavier by Dead Can Dance. Listen to it. Then vote for it. Because it is awesome.

ONJ’s “Xanadu” is the highest-rated in the world-famous Ponch8 Music Rating System. The only other one I’ve heard of is Rush’s song of the same title, and that’s only because it gets played once a year on Chicago’s 97.1 FM station during their annual A to Z marathon that lasts for more than a week. (I obviously don’t listen to the whole marathon, but a couple of times I’ve caught the end, when the X, Y, and Z songs come on.) I’m not a fan of Rush’s song.

None of the Above coulda been a contender.

Were we separated at birth, man? If I put up anything remotely in the post-punk pantheon your vote is almost always assured.

Yeah, awesome song by an underrated band.

How about keeping it simple with a battle royale? Twenty-seven first place songs, everyone votes for one.

Or will you be bored without this, and you want to keep the polls going longer?

Hey! Just pick a different subject… What’s your favorite Impressionist painting? What’s your favorite whisky? What’s your favorite poll?

Un Bar aux Folies-Bergère

Glen Morangie

This one…

None of my favorite X songs start with an X.

I recommend X by Poppy if you want to know what musical whiplash feels like. Half bubblegum pop, half death metal.