A word test...

There is a seven letter word in the English language that contains ten words without rearranging any of its letters. What is it?

Therein!

Well done!

therein": the, there, he, in, rein, her, here, ere, therein, herein.

Kudos Pravnik!

Hmm, maybe I should’ve just said “got it” so as not to ruin the puzzle for anyone else. I can’t seem to edit, can the mods remove my post?

Nevermind. too late now!

It’s not bothering me, Reeder.
And if you count “I” as a word, then you have 11 words.

Good point!

It is 11.

Okay, that went fast. Here’s another one I always liked, from a Games magazine: What eight-letter English word can be found abbreviated as its first letter, its first two letters, its first three letters, its first four letters, or its first five letters?

I’m thinking things like kilogramme and percentage but I’m sure I’m not even close…

Oh! I forgot the hint they gave! The first letter is T.

And I should probably point out that I have no reason to think that the answer is unique.

teaspoon?

Thursday?

another one from Games mag a long time ago…What 5 letter word is pronounced the same if you remove it’s last 4 letters?

queue

Aww, sundog, I so had that. (Good job!)

These puzzles always amaze me.

There are three words in the english language that end in g-r-y…

::d&r::

[sub]*Well… someone had to do it.[/sub] :stuck_out_tongue:

[sub]** And yes, I wrote it wrong on purpose.[/sub]

Fretful Porpentine gave the answer I heard (Thursday), although I like Skerri’s answer too. If teaspoon isn’t right, it’s close. Kudos!

What is the longest one syllable word in English?

I just say this one in the newspaper today: what’s the only common 2-letter noun in the English language? This excludes, of course, aa, id, mu, etc.

Hari - screetched