Aaron said his first word today!

This afternoon, I went to pick him up from daycare. While I was putting his jacket on to go, he pointed to a picture of a baby and said, “Baby”. Very clearly. He did it a second time. He’s been saying it for a while, but today was the first evidence he can connect the object to the word.

He is very curious and motivated to learn to talk. He asks the names of things, and it looks like all he needs is the oral coordination to make the syllables come together.

:sniffle: My little boy is growing up! :slight_smile:

Robin, who thinks we need a Proud Parent smilie.

Damn. we were all hoping it would be “Cecil”.

:smiley:

I see Mr. Blue Sky beat me to the thought… although I thought it might be “UncleCecil.” (yes, all one word)

Aaron’s going to discover the joy of words and connecting names to objects pretty soon. Brace yourself for an onslaught of words there… it’s going to be a wild ride. :smiley:

F_X

What scares me is that he’ll be expressing his own opinions before too long. I guess I should get dentures now, because I think I’m going to be gritting my teeth a lot, if he’s anything like his father. :wink:

Robin

Very neat. What you’re telling us is that Aaron’s first sentence was, “Baby, baby!

I do not foresee a dull life for this young man.

How exciting! I love hearing stories about Aaron, the Very First DoperBaby. :smiley:

Cool!

Congrats, Robin!

Wait’ll you have your first real conversation. That’s a tear jerker!

I was hoping for

“Cite?”

Awesome. :slight_smile:

Just wait till he gets to be about five years old and hits the 30 questions a minute stage. Buy your earplugs in advance.

And it seems like only yesterday when he was born…<sigh>.

Soon he’ll be asking for the car keys. :wink:

Enjoy, MsRobyn.

Well I was hoping for Ayesha ! The boy couldn’t even be born on my birthday like I told him to. j/k :wink:
I know you’re proud Robyn, you have every right to be. Treasure this time because they grow up fast. Son will be 23 next month, I was showing future d-i-l his baby pictures the other day and wondering to myself where the time went. Waaaaa ! I miss my baby !

Now teach that boy to say Ayesha.