ABC-TV to air John Ritter tribute tonight

Instead of airing last season’s hour long finale of “Eight Simple Rules” ABC is airing a hour long tribute to John Ritter tonight at 8 p.m.

And it is so sad to see the “Returning Shows” edition of TV Guide this week covering “Eight Simple Rules.” I guess next week they will have a real tribute in it.

Yeah, you’d think John Ritter would at least have the courtesy to drop dead before the TV Guide printing deadline.

(Ow! Stop hitting!)

Has anyone heard what they plan to do with the show?

They certainly won’t be showing this :eek:

From Tapioca Dextrin’s link:

This is just one of many reasons why this man will be sorely missed.

Yes, but he did die 10 days before the Emmy Awards. That’s the mark of greatness.

I think it was a nice tribute. I was hoping they would air the last three episodes and then wrap the show up. John Ritter was the show and there is no replacing him. I was glad that they gave a timeline of his day before dying. I was also glad to hear that his wife made it to the hosptial before his surgery and he was conscience.

But instead they said they will write it in the script that he dies and carry on without him. I don’t think Katy Segal can carry the show alone.

I think it was a nice tribute. I was hoping they would air the last three episodes and then wrap the show up. John Ritter was the show and there is no replacing him. I was glad that they gave a timeline of his day before dying. I was also glad to hear that his wife made it to the hosptial before his surgery and he was conscience.

But instead they said they will write it in the script that he dies and carry on without him. I don’t think Katy Segal can carry the show alone.

The show is about a FATHER dealing with teenaged daughters.

It seems rather pointless to try to carry the show without the father.

They said in the tribute that they were filming the 204th episode when John fell ill. The show’s only been on a year, right, not five? How can they have 200+ episodes already?

I am thinking Diane Sawyer misunderstood it. I think episode 204 is meant to be read as Season 2 Episode 04.

Ah, that makes more sense.