Abducted 11-year old turns up 18 years later

The news sites are saying she had children by him, now 11 and 15. That assumes she was pregnant by 13 or 14, and I think that’s a pretty good explanation of why she didn’t leave earlier.

Yikes, though.

Ugh…they updated the OC Register story to add that she had two kids fathered by the abuser and that the three of them were kept in sheds on his property.

Will be interesting to learn how she got away, which I don’t think I’ve seen mentioned anywhere.

Are the kids still with the guy? Sounds like life must have been awful for all three of them.

There is no punishment that suits the crime her captor has done.
He is a monster.

Plus, his wife has apparently also been arrested.

His wife. What would you say if your husband brought home a stranger’s 11-y-o girl? “Nice catch, honey, and if you get her pregnant there’s some sheds out back?” I’d have had the police there within seconds. I’d love to know what she was thinking: evil? Petrified victim of domestic violence? Ordinary woman unsure how to cope with mad world she never understood?

Maybe mad attracts mad. I have no idea what kind of person could possibly react to that with anything but shock and horror and revulsion…oh yeah, and calling 911.

According to the account I read, two people abducted her, with the passenger being the one who grabbed her and pulled her into the car. I assumed that either the driver or the passenger was the wife.

Turn a group of whistled-at women loose on him?

You got to figure there are a half-dozen cases like this going on right now in the US. There does not seem to be any obvious way to detect such a horror.

It’s being reported that he was seen with two small children by someone who recognized him as a sex offender, and he brought the children and Dugard into his parole office.

An amazing story. This has got to be tremendous for the family, and I hope Dugard and her children can move on to wonderful lives now.

I can’t think of a time I’ve felt worse about being right. That poor woman, and I can’t even imagine what her kids must be dealing with - at least the woman had memories of a normal life.

Garrido’s blog makes for some interesting reading.

Breaking news: the US goverment is NOT behind mind control for a change. :dubious:

From the blog he seems to be a religious nut. Does he think God is okay with kidnapping and kiddie-rape?

Elisabeth Smart’s abductors were religious nuts, too. Or at least the guy was and the woman was just flat out nuts. Subservient, but nuts.

My guess is it’s the same here.

Just shows to go ya how people can twist their beliefs around to give them whatever it was they wanted in the first place.

Jesus Christ, that makes me wonder if he abused her children.

From the blog I get that his god is primarily interested in that he get out the news about The Voices and not much else. Firstly a nut,* then* religious because that’s what he found that could explain The Voices.

As to his wife, who knows. Maybe he was able to “condition” her succesfully first, and then went after others.

I sure wouldn’t bet against it … :mad:

This, my friends is true evil.

Trivia: Steven Stayner’s brother Cary is currently on California’s Death Row for the murder of four women at Yosemite.

He kept them locked in sheds in his backyard. I’d say there’s no wondering to be done. :confused:

No it’s not.

Stockholm Syndrome is when the kidnapped ends up believing the kidnapper is “on his side,” or joining him. This girl and the one in Germany were kept locked (this one at least part of the time, the one in Germany always).