abel = Unregistered?

Okay, I posted a reply to a question in GQ, and when I look at it in the main (forum) view, it shows my name as Unregistered, not abel. When I go into the thread, my old lovable self is back, but I’m curious as to why this would happen, and/or if there’s something I need to do to correct it. Do I need to logoff and then log back on?

Not exactly an emergency, more curious than anything else.

Thanks,
abel

Don’t worry about it. The new software has some glitches, and occasionally logs you out with no warning.

You won the lottery. The board accepted your post and logged you out just before it finished and searched the database fore your username and whatnot.

Search this forum. Coldfire explained this better than I could.

Replace “fore” with “for” and “Exgineer” with “Total Idiot” and the above post will make some sort of sense.

ROTFL Exgineer!

Thanks for the info, I’ll check out Coldfire’s explanation.

-abel

betenoir is showing up as unregistered on the main menu in the shishkebob thread too. Weird.

It can happen sometimes with the use of the Quick Reply box. We would like to ask users to only use the Quick Reply box when you see a username for the “Logged in user” field in the cell immediately below the Quick Reply box.

See, I was right.

Not in my answer to the OP, but in my second post.

Exgineer = Total Idiot.”

There ya go.

Sorry for sticking my nose in where it didn’t belong, Arnold.