Abraham Lincoln : Vampire Hunter: Tim Burton Movie

According to here.

This movie better get freaking made. Now I have a reason to live again.

If Johnny Depp is ol’ Honest Abe I’m going to go on a killing spree the likes of which the world has never seen.

Burton is just producing the movie. Timur Bekmambetov is directing it. That should make Johnny Depp starring in it less likely.

Plus, Johnny Depp is, what, 4’11"?

IMDB says Depp is 5’ 10"

Liam Neeson was going to be in a Lincoln film for Spielberg, but that’s been put on hold and he’s off the project.

Neeson would be ideal casting, and it’d be fun to see him in an action comedy horror or whatever it’s going to be.

Adrien Brody. Period. Backspace. Exclamation Point.

Johnny Depp can be anywhere from 4’9" to 6’5" and 95 pounds to 245 pounds.

He’s just that good an actor.

What, am I the only person who thinks the trend of mixing classic literature or historical figures with vampires/zombies/monsters is *completely *overdone? It’s jumped a pool of sharks, crashed the cycle, and everyone wishes Fonzie’s zombie would go away already. There are about 50 titles at Amazon.

in this specific case…yes, yes you are. The book was awesome, and a movie would be insanely fun. Also Adrian Brody. Finally a role that would be perfect for him physically.

Most of those are other language versions of Pride and Prejudice and Zombies or nonbook items like calenders and postcards. I’d say there are 10 different books tops.

The concept is potentially funny, but Tim Burton’s attachment to it is bad news. Burton has been making the same fucking movie over and over forever; take how badly he screwed up “Alice in Wonderland” and multiply that by fifty.

I know he isn’t directing, but his just producing is bad news. If they announce a cast that includes Johnny Depp and/or Helena Bonham Carter, expect shit.

I’m imagining the White House with pink walls tilted at 72 degree angles and Christopher Lee in a football helmet as Robert E. Lee due to Burton’s pension for weird sets and “weird for the sake of weirdness”. Depp would probably play Booth (who though I haven’t read the book is, I assume, a character).

Not only a character, but…

a vampire with a penchant for threesomes with groupies

Well that could be hot at least.

I’m tired of being disappointed by movies based on books I really liked, but once again I will get my enthusiasm up and hope for the best. If we’re talking about my ideal adaptation, it would be played as straight as possible rather than as the usual catchphrase horror-comedy.

What’s the big deal? Don’t we already have enough Civil War movies?

I don’t know if the genre is overdone or not but I know this book is the fucking Gone With The Wind of the genre.

I didn’t realize Dopers were in in this beauty. Can’t wait for a potentially great and/or terrible movie adaptation. I’m not sure how I feel about the idea of Burton producing it. Has Burton produced anything and managed to have it not come out looking like he directed it? I don’t want it to come out looking like a funhouse version of rural Civil War America but a little creepiness and a powerful sense of mood would be very welcome.

Here it is folks!

I’m intrigued…