Absolutely blown away by dance in last episode of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3J6urFp8YZ0

So I was finally catching up with its always sunny in Philadelphia at least the most recent episodes on Hulu. This dance where Max opens up to his Dad just completely blew me away, I was sort of awestruck by the whole thing especially the female dancer too. I don’t really watch a lot of dancing of this type but it shows the amazing feats the human body can perform.

Even the sexually aspect aside, I thought the dance was also a metaphor for the duality that exists inside all of us and learning to accept that we are flawed but that we ultimately have to embrace who we really are, or at least ideally we should be able to do that.

I don’t know why but it affected me a lot watching the performance, it resonated with me a lot and it was almost upsetting in a way, It also amazes me the beautiful art in any media or medium that can be produced and makes me think maybe art is our greatest triumph as humans.

I watched the first five seasons of the show and moved on, so I wasn’t expecting that! Wow, that was a powerful scene. I’m not sure what else to say - I’m a bit blown away.

It was a beautiful piece of performance art.

OTOH, it sure wasn’t funny.

We’ll have to wait and see if it was entered for a choreography Emmy. In the past, it would have had to compete with shows like So You Think You Can Dance? and World of Dance, but the Television Academy changed its rules this year, and choreography for “scripted shows” is now separate from reality/competition. The problem is, it’s one of those categories where everybody competes on their own (i.e. every entry gets its own “yes or no” vote for an Emmy, and it’s possible for more than one, or no, Emmys to be given out in the category), so we don’t know if it’s even entered.

Previous thread - ignore the season 10 title, the season 13 finale is discussed halfway down.

And I’m solidly in the camp of it was a stupid, jarring end to what was otherwise a very good season. Mac & Frank just looked like a pair of jabronis.

Meh. The dance was gorgeous, yes. I totally agree with that. But, “Dad, I’m gay. And now I’m going to dance with a woman for a while.” does not make sense to me. It should have been exactly the same dance between two men.

Out of context. But a beautiful dance, none the less. I’m always amazed when dancers dance on a wet surface. Dangerous.

It is a jarring juxtaposition of what should never be done on a wet surface, and what can only be done on a wet surface.

Yeah, it was a beautiful thing. But that’s not why I watch that show. I wanted more stupid jokes, dammit! I felt kind of ripped off in the ha ha dept.

Yeah, I watch that show to see just how low they can go. I thing Cricket having his open sores raped in a dog orgy is going to be hard to beat.

I don’t know how I feel. Mac has gone in and out of the closet so many times over the series that I don’t know if this really affects me much. He may be back in the closet again in the future.

Also I understand that the dance was a metaphor for self acceptance, I just didn’t find it very moving.

I haven’t watched the last couple of seasons religiously…did Mac get his tattoos removed? The one on his right bicep appeared very faded, if it was there at all.

I have to give Rob Mc credit, though…his physique looks incredible. Especially after all the weight he gained for a season or two.

I don’t watch the show - watched the dance out of interest and it was lovely. Is the female a character in the show or does she appear just in this number?

Just this number.

Thank you.

He’s getting it lasered off.

“Look, it’s not that hard. All you need to do is lift weights six days a week, stop drinking alcohol, don’t eat anything after 7pm, don’t eat any carbs or sugar at all, in fact just don’t eat anything you like, get the personal trainer from Magic Mike, sleep nine hours a night, run three miles a day, and have a studio pay for the whole thing over a six to seven month span. I don’t know why everyone’s not doing this. It’s a super realistic lifestyle and an appropriate body image to compare oneself to. #hollywood

As I mentioned in the other thread, my reaction was that they were saying: “See? We can write a sensitive scene about Mac being gay if we feel like it. Now let’s get back to the jokes about trannies, dildo bikes, sex dolls and power bottoms.”

All I know is Fat Mac was way funnier than ripped Mac.

It just proves that dance is a medium that is totally lost on me. I can appreciate the grace and athleticism it takes and it seemed to be done well. I found myself fast forwarding to see where it was going.

Well, kinda. The real problem in the season was lack of Dennis, and whatever he did to nag and break down Mac whoever he was.

So when he saw ripped Mac at the end of episode one, and said “Have you put on a litle weight?” was incredible…