acrossthesea goes across the sea this Saturday

Yep, they’ve formulated my exit for me and it will be on Saturday. That is the day I get on a plane for about 10 yucky hours (I hate flying and I especially hate long flights) and set off for Wichita, where I don’t know anyone or have a job. But hopefully I will have both soon.

I’m happy to leave here but a bit sad as well: it will mean my marriage is officially dead and I will likely never see my husband again, and it also means my motherhood (or step-motherhood) is dead as well and I will likely never see his kids again.

Where’s here? Japan?

I’m sorry about your marriage :frowning:

Anything new has got to be much more preferable to what you left. Just keep telling yourself that over and over again. Then tell yourself it some more.

They say it is a good idea to not think about what you have lost, but to think about what you will gain in the future. A 10 hour flight might suck, but, if it’s going to get you to a better life, then it will be worth it.

It’s a brave thing you are doing and I wish you all the best.

Happier days are ahead. You’ll look back on this period as shitty history. You’ll meet a nice man who will treat you better. You’ll find a job and become self-sufficient so you never have to take shit from a man. And you’ll have children in your life again. Congratulations on the start of your new life!! Good luck!

(Extremely heavy sigh)

Well, you’ve advanced to Go but you didn’t get your $200. (Stupid IRS!)

But, you’re not in jail and hopefully this time around the board you’ll land on some good available properties that are worth acquiring and developing.

(everything I know I learned from Monopoly)

I’m very glad to read that you are finally out of that very bad situation. Things may still look bleak now, but hang on. It get’s better. Many of us here (including me) are pulling for you.

Good luck and keep in touch!

The things that are most difficult to do in life are usually the ones we are most glad we did when we look back on them. I am so glad you are getting out of the situation you have been in and sincerely wish you luck. There is no where to go but up from here. You deserve a man who will treat you with respect and love. You did not have that. Be strong. You can do it. You are past the worst of it.