"Action" movies with mine carts

Having just watched “The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug” (and boy, oh boy, I’m glad I waited to see it in the cheap theater), it occurs to me that an awful lot of “action” movies have mine-cart scenes. In addition to Smaug, I can remember “Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom” as well as “The Rock” (Sean Connery and Nicolas Cage have adventures in the mines under Alcatraz).

I’m sure there are more. Speak up! Enlighten us!

Journey to the Center of the Earth with Brendan Fraser. I caught that piece of dreck on TV yesterday.

And I just realized you were saying an awful lot of action movies have mine cart scenes, I thought you were talking about awful action movies that contain mine cart scenes, which the movie I named fits perfectly, awful mine cart scene and all.

Were there mine carts in A View To A Kill? I remember a scene in a mine.

Yankee Zulu

Yep. Grace Jones got blowed up real good in one.

My first thought was RED as the closing credits rolled. But now that I think about it, since Bruce Willis was pushing John Malkovich across a field, so it was probably a wheel barrow or something like that.

Thanks. A keyword search in IMDB for “mine car” adds The Apple Dumpling Gang, City Slickers II: The Legend of Curly’s Gold, Hoodwinked! and a few others. Now I don’t know how accurate this is or whether there are actual chases involving mine cars or they’re just in the background.

I’d forgotten about Hoodwinked!. In the scene, they run from an avalanche, which is a sort of chase I suppose. Gotta love Japeth the Goat and his “Be Prepared” song.

Does Harry Potter count? Not quite mine cars, but the same idea under Gringott’s bank.

Isn’t there a mine cart scene in Broken Arrow? I remember the mine, but I’m not sure about actual mine carts…

I swear I read the title as “mime carts.”

I want to see that movie. Badly.

Wern’t there mine carts in one of the Antonio Banderas Zorro films? I can’t be arsed enough to actually watch them again to remember if they were just scenery, or actually used during a chase scene, but one has to think that if they were in there, they’d abuse the privilege.

IIRC Banderas’ original mentor launches himself at the Captain from one.