Actors portraying multiple superheroes/comic characters

Buster Crabbe played Flash Gordon* and Buck Rogers AND Tarzan
*three times! Arguably four, if you count his guest-starring on the Buck Rogers TV series as “Brigadier Gordon”

I’m waiting for somebody to make Ghost World work on this list somehow.

Oh, thought of another good one:
Samuel L. Jackson: Nick Fury (various Avengers projects), Frozone (the Incredibles), Mace Windu (Star Wars prequels), Octopus (the Spirit)

Well, sure: Scarlett Johansson was Rebecca in Ghost World, and the Black Widow in the Avengers movies.

I guess if we’re going to count Star Trek in here (there have been lotsa comic series based on them all), then Patrick Stewart gets in there with Picard and as Prof. X in the X-Men series.

And in a weird sort of way, then, Zachary Quinto would get in there with Sylar from TV’s Heroes and as Spock from the new Star Trek films.

Julie Newmar played both Catwoman in the *Batman *TV series and Stupefyin’ Jones in the film adaptation of Li’l Abner.

Annette O’Toole played Lana Lang in Superman III, and Martha Kent on Smallville.

Lewis Van Bergen played Willie Garvin in the 1982 TV movie Modesty Blaise, and the title role in the 1987 series *Sable *(based on Mike Grell’s Jon Sable, Freelance comic book).

Lyle Waggoner played Steve Trevor in The New Original Wonder Woman, and auditioned for the role of TV’s *Batman *(though he didn’t get it).

Mark Hamill was the Trickster on the live-action series The Flash, and the voice of the Joker on the animated Batman.

Michael Rosenbaum played Lex Luthor on Smallville, and voiced the Flash on Justice League.

OK, also Natalie Portman:
Amidala (Star Wars prequels), Jane Foster (Thor movies), Evey (V for Vendetta)

…which reminds me:
Hugo Weaving: Agent Smith (Matrix movies), V (V for Vendetta), Megatron (Transformers movies), Red Skull (Captain America)

Swanson was the original, movie version of Buffy the Vampire Slayer as well.

If we’re including characters who have appeared in a comic, and not just characters who originated in one, I submit Patrick Stewart:

Professor X
Captain Picard
Captain Nemo
Captain Ahab
Ebeneezer Scrooge
Napoleon the pig
King Richard
King MacBeth
Gurney Halleck
Claudius from Hamlet

If you include his stage work, you could probably fit the better part of Classics Illustrated Shakespeare on here.

But, as far as I can tell, NOT Supergirl, as I previously mentioned but got no response.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I see no Supergirl role in Swanson’s IMDB stats.

If you’re saying a Jedi counts as a superhero – which, okay, superpowered crimefighter, sure – then Liam Neeson’s got that plus Darkman.

Anthony Hopkins: Odin and Zorro.

But Swanson did play Buffy Summers in the film version of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, which is arguably a superhero and became a comic. So she gets credit, I figure.

Warren Hull played The Green Hornet, and Mandrake the Magician, and The Spider.

No, but he is a comic book character.

Sure, I’m just trying to figure out if Swanson ever really did play Supergirl, or if the OP has simply mistaken her for Helen Slater.

Yep, my goof. I was thinking of Slater but Swanson got mixed up in there, thanks to the Buffy thing.

Clayton Moore played Zorro before playing the Lone Ranger.

See above; the gist of it is that the character can have non-comic book origins, but should be part of an ongoing series, not just a one-off adaptation of another work; hence, most Shakespearean characters are out, as would be Bible characters.

On the other hand, Dracula DID have an ongoing Marvel comics series…hmmm…

Ioan Gruffudd played Mister Fantastic in the two Fantastic Four movies. He also voiced Mister Miracle in the Justice League cartoon, and Armor in an episode of Batman: The Brave and the Bold.

Cobie Smulders has been both Agent Hill in The Avengers, and Wonder Woman in The Lego Movie.

I just knew, as soon as I looked up the cast list afterwards, that that bit of trivia would come up somewhere.