Actors you couldn't help but fall in love with just a little

Inspired by this quote from Robot Arm in another thread:

Ever get that twinge in your heart when looking at someone on screen? (heart not lower, get out of the gutter) Its happened to me a few times.

Julie Bowen. Not much more I can add. Just look at her.
Lea Salonga. Les Miz 10th anniversary concert.

Two that I suspect wouldn’t have had as much effect on me if I saw it on TV rather than the big screen:

Mila Kunis. Always thought she was pretty but not exactly my type. Then I saw her in Forgetting Sara Marshall. Zing!

Amy Adams. Enchanted. Seeing her smile and eyes twinkle in a close up on the big screen. Bam, hit me like a ton of bricks.

Peter O’Toole in Lawrence of Arabia. Seen in its original run on a giant screen. Twice…

Not gay but I can see that. Damn that man has charisma.

I don’t know about falling in love with Peter O’ Toole, but I did want the two leads (Omar Sharif) to fall for each other.

Mostly I have crushes on young men but I did have a huge crush on Audrey Hepburn in Roman Holiday. OMG so pretty and sweet and cute. Also Rapunzel from Tangled. Those big green eyes! On the other hand, Amy Adams kind of bores me.

I love British men, and suits and waistcoats, and old fashioned clothes, so you can imagine how swept off my feet Jude Law in Sherlock Holmes made me. But I was already half in love with him, so that’s nothing new.

Oh! Downey of course. I’d hardly heard of him before Iron Man, and BAM! who is this guy?

I’m sure there’s others. I’ll be back.

Yes, Peter O’Toole as Lawrence of Arabia was my very first thought! :slight_smile:

Jesse Spencer (Chase) on “House”, in early episodes. Makes my heart do backflips.

Gary Sandy (Andy Travis) on WKRP - ‘my first love’. :smiley: Yeah, in my dreams! :frowning:

My Fair Lady was the movie that made me fall in love with Ms. Hepburn.

I also have a crush on Brit actress Felicity Kendal. Cute as a button she is.

Maggie Cheung. From perky eye candy and comedic roles early in her career to more dramatic roles later, she gives me the sparkles.

Gwyneth Paltrow. Ye gods, that smile could set asbestos aflame.

Really?! You’ve never heard of ‘Chaplin’ or ‘Good Night and Good Luck’? He’s been in the business a long time.

Nope. Chaplin is boring and I never had much interest in it. I’ve still never heard of Good Night and Good Luck.

ETA: Well, I guess I have now.

Felicity “Treacle” Kendal!!!

:slight_smile:

For me, it’s Maureen O’Hara in The Quiet Man.

Clara Bow. It almost pains me to watch her and know she died before I was born.

I saw The Avengers with my girlfriend. When Gwyneth came on screen wearing shorts, I reflexively said “Yum!” aloud.

Couldn’t help myself.

I had a crush on practically every woman on West Wing. I had to keep reminding myself that I really had a crush on their writers.

Ming-Na. I’ve hankered for her going back to The Single Guy.

Kristin Kreuk. Smallville

Dichen Lachman. Dollhouse

Who could watch Johnny Depp in “what’s eating Gilbert grape” or “Benny & joon” & not fall in love with him a little bit? Or Joseph Gordon-leavitt & Heath Ledger in “10 things I hate about you” ? Adorable .

That first scene she’s in at the restaurant does it. Someone tells a joke while she’s drinking some water; she laughs and spills a bit of it. Steve Martin offers her a napkin; she catches his eye while no one else is noticing and says “I keep thinking I’m a grown up, but I’m not.” I could see what they saw in each other. It didn’t seem to be just acting, either; Martin wrote it, too. I was kinda disappointed for them when they got divorced.

There’s also Carole Lombard in My Man Godfrey; slightly ditzy and manipulative, but completely adorable. As Koxinga said about Clara Bow, dead before I was born (and 13 years younger than I am now).

Leelee Sobieski.

George Clooney and those smile wrinkles around his eyes. Sigh.

Yes! Did you know she was the inspiration to cartoon character Betty Boop? Still, when I see her now, she looks a lot like Helena Bonham Carter, too.
She had a trade mark make up. I sometimes wonder how she would have looked without it, or, like here, with totally different makeup.
There are tutorials online how to do that kind of makeup.

My crush was the Vampire Spike from Buffy. Sigh: I’d have to fight off half of the females in my age-cohort for him :slight_smile: Still, the actor James Marstens, while handsome, is not my type. But whoboy, was that vampire sexy and lovable.

Karen Allen for love. Plenty of others for lust.