Adam Savage of Mythbusters Accused of Rape and Incest

Holy shit. How horrible is this. If guilty he deserves the death penalty but life without parole would suffice.

For those who don’t read it, the article states it happened when he was 9 years old and lasted a few years. Both Adam and his mom have released statements denying it, stating she has mental health issues and has accused Adam and other members of their family of doing this, according to Adam, looking for a ‘financial bonanza’.

Adam says he plans to fight it. Even if this happened, it seems the statute of limitations would have long run out on her case, but without proof, she handed him an easy win for defamation.

I’m guessing whoever comes up with witnesses or proof sooner is going to have a much stronger case.

Savage, 52, denied the allegations in a statement issued by his lawyer, Andrew Brettler.

“While I hope that my sister gets the help she needs to find peace, this needs to end. For many years, she has relentlessly and falsely attacked me and other members of my family to anyone who will listen,” Savage said.

“By spreading numerous untrue stories about us in pursuit of a financial bonanza, she has tortured
our entire family and estranged herself from all of us. I will fight this groundless and offensive lawsuit and work to put this to rest once and for all,” he said.

Brettler released a follow-up statement from Karen Savage, the mother of Adam and Miranda.

“It makes me very sad to say this, but my daughter suffers from severe mental health challenges, and it’s devastating that she’s putting Adam and our entire family through this,” the statement said. “Adam is a good man, and I support him completely.”

Is she having emotional issues because she was repeatedly raped or is she making up allegations because of emotional issues? We don’t know. She deserves at least an opportunity to be heard. Celebrity shouldn’t shield anyone from being held accountable, if guilty.

NETA, Adam, while no longer on mythbusters still has Tested, with over 5 million subscribers on youtube and I have no idea who many on other platforms [looks: 1million on FB].
Him putting out a statement will get to hundreds of thousands of people within hours and millions with a few days. I’m, in no way, saying she shouldn’t speak up if she’s telling the truth. I am, however, saying that if she’s making it up for financial gain, it’s going to be really difficult to get people on her side.

For something he ‘did’ when he was 9 . . . :thinking:

CMC

No, but having been 9, maybe should?

Powers &8^]

And continued for three years. If true he is a serial rapist. Also, if true, I expect other women to come forward.

You would execute someone for something they did when they were nine years old?

At nine no. Its a little extreme. But if the allegations are true then its one of the worst things one person can do to another.

I agree it’s horrible. I’m not sure a prepubescent boy automatically deserves the death penalty for this though. Let’s at least give him a trial first.

I was a bit hyperbolic. He was prepubescent at nine but likely not at 12.

She’s a social worker with a blog about survivors of child abuse, which has a domain originally registered 3½ years ago. Why is this being reported now?

At which time she claimed to have a written apology from Adam. I wonder why she stopped mentioning that.

https://secondwound.com/2016/10/10/first-blog-post/

So he was a skeevy little deviant at age 9-12, but this is the only accusation of sexual impropriety he’s ever had? So, nada, nothing, for 40 years afterward? I’m sorry but until I hear more this doesn’t pass the smell test.

Her reasons for filing the suit doesn’t pass the smell test, either. The new statute of limitations gives victims until the age of 55 to file but she claims to have first reported the abuse (presumably to a therapist) when she was in her early twenties; the original law gave victims until the age of 24.

I hope it’s not true, things are always dicey when people commit crimes as minors, I have a female relative who didn’t initially live with her siblings, who when reintroduced to the home was sexually abused by her older brothers, who themselves were minors.

They made peace eventually and created a normal relationship but I know she still is probably damaged from the experience.

I agree, but a person’s sins when they’re a child shouldn’t follow them into adulthood like this. If he has wronged someone as an adult then the consequences must happen, but even if this is true I’ve no interest in someone being punished for something they did in fifth grade four decades ago. That is, in my opinion, utterly insane.

The first instance happened in the fifth grade (if he did it), And happened again and again for three years. This would be multiple instances of rape. I understand that the accusations happened years ago. However, the result of it was lifelong damage to his victim. Maybe a one-off instance can be overlooked. But not many instances and not for a serial rapist. Again if he did it.

I’m skeptical in this case.