Adult self soothing poll

I knew that “Do you consider yourself a Feminist,” thread was gonna bite me in the ass. :wink:

I have a pretty little toy cat called Tiffany that a friend gave me. Most of the time she sits on a bedroom shelf, getting no more than the occasional smile if I notice her. I have been known to cuddle her when I am very unhappy but where she comes into her own is soothing physical pain. I’ve had two knee operations in the past few years and she got me through my physio exercises. Pushing myself to exercise my knee I would clutch that little cat, trying to focus on the feel of her in my hand rather than the pain in my leg. It worked for me.

I sucked my thumb as a toddler. I think that I stopped at age five. In order to fall asleep I would simultaneously suck the thumb of my right hand, gently rub my eyelashes with the nail tip of my index finger of the same hand and twirl my hair between my fingers with my left hand. I still do this - minus the thumb sucking.

No option for, “I’d self soothe but am unable to due to a specific condition of my parole”? I see an agenda here and I don’t like it.:mad:

I use beer and bubble wrap. My dog(46lbs 4 YO Jack Russell) uses a pink pony:eek:

I didn’t know Jack Russells got that big.

Freaks and weirdos in the lead!

Thank god someone said it. I was about to ask why everyone just doesn’t use alcohol like normal people.

Well, somebody does. See Post #3 above.