Advise, Please

And just in case, make that dinner a little extra tasty. :wink:

Good luck with everything.

Good luck !

UPDATE:

(warning, this is kinda long, so if you just want me to get to the point, skip to the italicized text at the end)

So, I called my mom on Thursday to let her know that I was coming home this weekend for sure, and to ask her if she wanted to have dinner with Carl and me. She was pleased that I was coming home, but she said that she couldn’t have dinner with us because my step-dad would be out fishing and she didn’t have much money to spend, etc. I figured that this would be ok; Carl could just come over and we’d just tell them.
Today, my best friend came over, and we went out shopping, and I got my nails done to show off my pretty ring. Then I went to see Carl at work to find out when he could come over, but all he knew was not today and maybe not tomorrow.
So, I’m disapointed (I didn’t want to tell them alone), but I was going out with my mom, so I just thought, “well I’ll have a good time tonight and think about this tomorrow.” But, our plans fell through, and we ended up, my mom, my step-dad and I, going out to dinner (with no time to call Carl and invite him).
So, all through dinner, I talked about Carl. I kept telling my folks good things about him, and how I wished he was there to tell them a little about his plans (he’s joining the police force!), and how I really wanted them to like him. So, finally, I couldn’t take it anymore, and I put my ring back on my finger (I’d worn it on a necklace since I got home), and I told them that we we’re getting married after I graduated.
They reacted so much better than I thought. I was worried that my mom might throw a fit, but she didn’t. She just said that she wanted me to be happy, and that as long as I was waiting until I graduated then I probably wasn’t rushing too much. My step-dad was really happy for me, and kept saying congratulations. Ahh, I feel so much better now that everyone knows! :slight_smile:

Cessandra

My Homepage (http://www.shsu.edu/~stdmed17/Home.html)
The RHPS: Website For Virgins (http://www.shsu.edu/~stdmed17/RockyHome.html)

Once again, congratulations, Cessandra!!!

WooooHooooo!!!

Too cool! Sounds like your mom has it on the ball.

And once again…congratulations!

You say “cheesy” like that’s a BAD thing.