Affixing dried flowers to paper

I have an assortment of dried flowers, mostly things I’ve snipped from my garden, that I’d like to paste into my journal. Can I just use white glue? And cover the flower with more white glue? I’m not aiming for archival quality, as I only use a composistion notebook for my journal, and it’s not acid free. I would like the flowers and leaves to last for a while, though.

You could probably do that but a good craft glue might work a little better. Sometimes plain white glue will dry a little opaque and yellow a little. Also, I think there are probably some things that can be used to put on flowers to perserve them. I just can’t remember what it’s called, I want to say Modge Podge but that may not be right.

Not sure if you’ll be able to use this, but my grandmother used to press flowers and then iron them between two sheets of waxed paper. It worked really well for smaller flowers, or at least ones that would press flat. The sheets can be cut into whatever shape you like and then glued into the journal. Visibility was pretty good.

It’s usually pronounced “Modge Podge,” but the official name is Mod Podge.
I used to sell art supplies and this is what I would recommend. It can be used for both gluing the flowers and as a seal on top to prevent damage. It comes in both glossy and matte finishes.

I shoulda specified that I consider Aleene’s Tacky Glue to be a white glue, and that’s generally what I use in crafts. I’ll try both the Mod Podge and waxed paper methods, and see what works best. Thanks.