Aw, I didn’t know that. Thanks for the info!
Is that ad actually running in the U.S.? If it’s not, what difference does it make to viewers in the UK, or wherever, that Walkers isn’t sold in the U.S., despite what is shown in the ad? (Unless you insist that the ad must be a documentary, and not falsely suggest to you that you can buy Walkers when you visit the U.S.?)
I guess I treated it like a fantasy TV show. I can easily accept the underlying absurdity of the main premise but disregard for the secondary mechanics just bugged me.
But I posted about it on June 22, and haven’t given it a second thought until I received the notification I’d been replied to.
I can see that. As it appears that you know that Walkers aren’t sold in the U.S., that took you out of the moment. I might suspect that most viewers don’t know that, or don’t care.
But I posted above that yes- you can sometimes buy Walkers in America.
Which bears absolutely no relevance to carrps’s question about Walker’s (note the apostrophe. I know you have trouble with them) and did not need to be repeated.
But it does to kenobi_65 post. Anyway, you can get Walkers crisps in America.
My, lady, what hairy arms you have!
Commercials for generic Viagra now have AI actors rather than just voices.
Holy crap, that’s a new level of awful.
I finally saw one this weekend that had been annoying me in the background. For the last few weekends, there’s been some kind of asthma PSA running on The Science Channel; a small child is mumbling something about fish attah watuh, then an adult voice says something about how critical it is that you take your child’s asthma seriously. I happened to glance up in time to see the whole thing; the first part of the ad features a goldfish being plopped onto a flat surface, where it flops around pathetically.
I’m surprised PETA hasn’t been having press conferences over this one (unless I missed some disclaimer about the fish being AI-generated).
That one’s been around a while, and it is fucking horrifying. I haven’t seen it in years, but I can still see that goldfish on the floor gasping.
I don’t know if this fits here, but it doesn’t deserve it’s own thread and it is advertisement.
My car is equipped with Sirius XM. I do not suscribe and don’t wish to. More often than I think is realistic my car doesn’t recognize the name of a contact in my phone that I call frequently. When this happens it says: Some sirius channel then Oh, I cannot play that channel at this time. And it switches my sound system to looping Sirius XM adds. It’s damn annoying.
Liberty Biberty now is an entity. A being. Ok, ok a thing.
I leave it, to see for yourself.
Gah!!
People ruin everything! I never even liked the original Liberty ad, and now it sucks more.
I used to love the original Jake from State Farm ads, with the shrewish wife catching her husband on the phone in the middle of the night. But they had to reboot it. I don’t see why we couldn’t still use the old one.
Disclosure: I used to have State Farm as a client, though that was before the “Jake” era.
They did still run the original “Jake from State Farm” ad for a while, after they launched the ads with the “handsome Jake.” I suspect that, despite the fact that the original ad was brilliant, they decided that it was worn out, and/or it diluted the “handsome Jake” character.
I’ll never forget you, real Jake!
There’s at least one other AI actor – a guy seated at a table. They don’t bother to vary his hand movements, either.
You probably already know this, but the first Jake was indeed real-- his actual name was Jake Stone and he was a real State Farm employee.
But when they decided to make it a recurring character, they figured there was too much at stake, so they said let’s make a fake Jake, piece of cake (hard to take, but those ad guys are snakes). But the Jake shake-up was was half-baked, which left a lot of heart ache in the wake of the changing Jake. the moral: don’t fix what didn’t break.
But don’t tell my Jake, my achy breaky Jake
I just don’t think it’s something he can take
And if you give my Jake, a piece of chocolate cake
Just make sure it isn’t half baked
I read an interview with the real Jake. He didn’t really want to do any commercials but he went to the audition to see if he could make some extra cash. He was offered a contract to do a series of commercials but absolutely did not want to. He did the passing it on commercial, quit his job and started his dream job-- opening up a bar in NY.
At least I think I remember reading that.
Nope, he doesn’t own a bar in NY, he’s a bartender in a popular bar in IL where his famous khakis hang on the wall.