Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D S03E03: A Wanted (Inhu)man

I took it as a representation of her post-ordeal mental state. Very conventional way of representing PTSD or the like.

I don’t know what to make of the final scene, though.

I think I’m pretty vocal about liking the show… and I straight-up did not like this episode.
So I think it’s fair to put me in the “surprise” dislike camp.

Yeah, I think the show has kicked ass once Season One finally got to its Winter Soldier tie-in. Coulson’s mule-headedness causing drama last season was a minor irritant. Showcasing that kind of poor writing for this entire episode was an unpleasant surprise for me.

I don’t actually remember a lot of naysayers in past episode threads, but my memory of such things is vague even when I’d care to recall it.

I thought it was a fine episode.

What does “Red Socks” mean?

That scene took place in the Boston neighborhood of Allston. The Boston Red Sox (note the spelling) are the local baseball team. There was a banner on the wall of the bar that read “Red Socks”; the show did that either because of legal reasons or as some sort of a joke.

THAT’S what was bugging me during that scene!

I couldn’t place it, but something about the sign rubbed me the wrong way…now I know why.

So, I guess Simmons now is the official Damaged Girl every show with Whedon-affiliation needs. Any guesses as to when she’ll turn Surprise Badass?

I don’t think this was a bad episode, just “meh.” They can’t all be winners. I just hope we don’t have to wait ten episodes of “I can’t talk about it. It’s complicated.” to find out what really happened with Simmons