Airplane seatmate from hell

This just popped up on my facebook newsfeed from my 24 year old neice who had just got off the plane in Vancouver from a wonderful European vacation and now on her way to catch a ferry to Victoria, B.C.

What a fucking nightmare !

she couldn’t find anything in her purse to stab him with?

She should have spent the time he kept her awake learning English.

Yeah, I’d be mad if a message like that popped up on my Facebook too.

Wow, did he also break her fingers before she tried to post that?

I guess the twenties are the new tweens.

I can’t believe no one’s mentioned it yet, but that was atrociously written.

I’m mad it popped up in this thread!

Honest to God, not ever having texted and having read less than a dozen text messages in my lifetime, I just assumed that the posting was normal for those who type on cellphone keypads.

If she was concerned about it being easier to type on a keypad, she shouldn’t have used so many ellipses.

I wholeheartedly support this pitting of your niece.

Ouch, that hurts.

Sorry I brought it up guys.

Seriously, you’ve been here long enough to know that we expect perfect grammar and spelling in every post. Your niece is not immune.

Seriously though. She’s in her mid-20’s and she types like that? My facebook feed only gets stuff like that from my very young cousins.

Dude was a douche, of course.

(I make half my posts to the SDMB via iPhone touchscreen. The ideas I come up with may suck, but they are in full sentences with decent capitalization and grammar. :smiley: )

Yeah I don’t buy the whole excuse. I manage to update statuses, and post to the forums in coherent sentences when I am on my touchscreen smart phone. It’s not impossible. It doesn’t even take much longer.

Fear not! This pitting of your niece can instantly be turned around. …Is she hot?

“Sir, I’d like to inform you, I have this condition see, it involves me stabbing arm wrests with a fork. I have it right here.”

You sick fuck, she’s only… oh, right. Sorry.

I’m not sure why, but the "n"s get under my skin the most. Don’t people use &'s anymore?

What is the deal with the ellipses in bad online writing, anyway? It’s like they can’t think of any other punctuation and are trying, very badly, to show some sort of stream of consciousness. I do find them useful at times in a text form like this to show a sort of trailing off at the end of a thought…

Tell your niece to GET OFF MY LAWN!