Albert Hofmann, creator of LSD, dies (1906-2008)

I wasn’t really sure where to put this, but CS is usually where death threads go, and LSD is entertaining…

Hofmann first synthesized LSD waaaaay back in 1938, but didn’t figure out what it did until five years later. I must admit that I had an awful lot of fun with his creation in my late teens and early twenties.

Albert Hofmann died of natural causes (obviously) on Tuesday at the age of 102.

He definitely influenced a lot of people. I love the story of him doing 250 micrograms and then riding his bicycle home. I’ve always thought than one should practice walking around first.

Funny, I hadn’t given any thought to Albert Hofmann, or the psychedelic world in general, in quite some years. Last week I met a guy who mentioned that he’d just met AH and that he was 102 (it honestly didn’t even occur to me that he might still be alive).

RIP AH. Thanks for the many long strange trips.

Now let that be a lesson to you youngsters. No telling how old he would be if he hadn’t used LSD from time to time…

See you on the dark side of the moon, Al.

So he’s gone for the longest trip of them all, huh?

You’re a little late: Albert Hofmann, inventor of LSD, dead at 102 - Miscellaneous and Personal Stuff I Must Share - Straight Dope Message Board

Whoa, flashback dude