I’ve recently gotten into Red Sparowes, and noticed they have the longest song titles I’ve ever seen.
Album Every Red Heart Shines Toward the Red Sun:
- the great leap forward poured down upon us one day like a mighty storm, suddenly and furiously blinding our senses.
- we stood transfixed in blank devotion as our leader spoke to us, looking down on our mute faces with a great, raging, and unseeing eye.
- like the howling glory of the darkest winds, this voice was thunderous and the words holy, tangling their way around our hearts and clutching our innocent awe.
- a message of avarice rained down and carried us away into false dreams of endless riches.
- “annihilate the sparrow, that stealer of seed, and our harvests will abound; we will watch our wealth flood in.”
- and by our own hand did every last bird lie silent in their puddles, the air barren of song as the clouds drifted away.
- millions starved and we became skinnier and skinnier, while our leaders became fatter and fatter.
- finally, as that blazing sun shone down upon us, did we know that true enemy was the voice of blind idolatry; and only then did we begin to think for ourselves.
Reading from an Amazon review, I just learned that this relates the story of China’s Great sparrow campaign.
For anyone interested, it is purely instrumental music and it’s absolutely awesome.