all men are created equal - geek

WHAT was I thinking? I just re-read BJ’s old posts. This is only going to encourage him. . .

Ummm . . . sorry all.

-a-

Ai\ Yue- Ha
wrote:

I’m sorry, Ai, but my parser just couldn’t handle that sentence. I think I’ll lie down now.

I think it’s supposed to read "you want the…

“The problem with the world is that everyone is a few drinks behind.” - Humphrey Bogart

Bjorn, first you need to define what you mean by the term ‘created’. Are you referring to the Biblical creation of Adam and Eve? Or are you referring to the ‘creation’ of a person that occurs when the sperm and egg merge to form an embryo? Or do you mean that, at birth, all humans are helpless, innocent dependents who are then molded by their enviroment to become good or bad, successful or unsuccessful, happy or unhappy? Or are you saying that all humans are ‘created equal’ in that we are all members of the same species?

Clarify, please.

The woods would be very silent if no birds sang there except those that sang best. - Henry Van Dyke

andros: right you are :wink: but not really about the encourage thing though…

1. what other people think of you does not matter
  2. what you do to other people matters

ben: how about your definition of ‘created’?
shouldnt that work…its true that the words are from the bible, but it doesnt matter where the words are, or who said em…its…yes a question if we are created equal, in both physical and spiritual way!

that is, do we all have the same possibilities in life…but some outside effects like (insert name of your worst troll) either diminish our possibilities or increases it…

and one just for the purposes of the pit…
you are all wonderful beings, deserving what you want for yourselves!

bj0rn

Bjorn: I think that was only supposed to refer to the law. As in “The law should treat all men AS IF they were created equal and not give preference to kings and so on…”.

Do all men weight the same? Have an equal number of hairs on their head?

Gee, isn’t ~Konrad~ just the smartest thing? Doesn’t he continue to amaze all of you with his wit and insight? We are SO PRIVILEGED to have him as a member of this message board!

But I think its perfectly obvious that SOME people are clearly superior to others, at least intellectually. Konnie has proven time and again that he is SO intellectually superior to the other board members that we often can’t even understand his posts! What a terrible burden that must be for you, Konnie!

The woods would be very silent if no birds sang there except those that sang best. - Henry Van Dyke

Hey-I took a physical before I went into the Army. Hell No…all men are not created equal.

yes, im really glad we are not all created equal in the terms you are referring to, my fellow clones. and im real glad we have superior beings intellectually than the rest of us who can think out smart things to say so we can enjoy reading it here on this message board. but you dont seem to be getting it through your thick heads what im talking about “created equal”. what i mean in so many words is, although we arent born equal, arent we supposed to treat each other like equals in order to maintain the spiritual balance the world bloody well needs. and i can tell you this is not being practiced, proof being ongoing wars all over the world, the people who suffer because of other people who do not suffer in the same way (pretty general statement, but surves its purpose).

so bendover, bloody well lay off konrad, he got it right! you didnt…

bj0rn

Bj0rn, if you knew the answer to your own question…

How come almost every thread degenerates like this?

“i like Pokemon.”

“I hate Pokemon. You’re a ninny and you should really capitalize your i’s”

“shut up your a ninny!”

“It should be you’re a ninny, as in you are a ninny”

geeesh.

I’m weighing in as firmly in the “All Men are NOT Created Equally” camp. I believe prejudice is necessary too, so there!

Bj0rn- Why does my confusion because of your spelling errors mean I’m not a jock? Or was that comment directed at someone else?

Tracer- Yeah, it should have been ‘want’ not ‘what’. Thanks UncleBeer.

Bj0rn(again)- BenDover is pursuing Konrad all over teh Board because of a disagreement they had in the Catholic Bashing thread. Konrad betrayed a slight homophobia, so BenDover is now pretending to flirt with him, in order to creep him out.

SakeSamurai- Threads in the Pit don’t degenerate into name-calling and nit-picking, they start there. People who feel compelled to do that in the main boards shold probably come here. On the other hand, if typos make a post incomprehensible, someone should say something. (like Tracer did.)

–John

English to French to English to German to English translation:

yes, in lucky truth not all create on an equal footing within delimitation respond they, my comrade copy and in lucky truth have high intellectual its as stand still us be capable think from intelligent thing too therefore say be capable estimate read here of this message panel however they of what seem achieve by their strong heading which in speak " create on an equal footing ". which i mean in therefore much word, although arent support adjust, arent assume treat a d ander like on an equal footing for update mental calibration world belt good necessity and i be able say the world, people report/ratio, but surves its target).
Hope this helps clear up the confusion being spread by bjOrn.

“The problem with the world is that everyone is a few drinks behind.” - Humphrey Bogart

Actually, he’s bj0rn, not bjOrn. With a zero.

Thanks, Tracer. Now I understand completely.

John: Sure, the Pit’s for getting frustration and hatred flowing like wine at an orgy, but you don’t pleasure an elephant with a toothpick!

Woah, sorry about that load of crap I just wrote. I’m metaphorically challenged. Yeah, similes get me too.

UncleBeer, you ninny, you’re always supposed to do German first. (please insert insipid smiley guy of your choice here)

Deep sigh.
Oh, this one is hard…

All PEOPLE (yeah! even women) are created equal in their humaness. They deserve respect for that simple fact alone. We have the chance–and choice–to make of our lives what we will.

Some people choose one path (geek), some choose others (jock), ad infinitum. We live with one another and scrap and fight and stereotype other’s choices.

It’s messy, emotional, irrational and no one (in fact) has the rule book.

It’s called Life.

We do the best we can.

Insert your own rules: e.g. “judge not”, “glass houses”, “quality of mercy”, etc.

IMO, the way one stereotypes speaks much more eloquently about the speaker than about the subject.

Too tired to enjoy pettifogging,
Veb

accually its björn, but since ö doesnt exist in all languages (im excluding non-latin languages entirely) i use 0. i do not use o or O because that is a different letter.

but back to the thread.
its always good to know that there are always some sods not fully capable or willing to accept the fact that they cant be equals. the truth is that no one is better than anybody else, but some arent as good as others. how so? by treating someone badly you are diminishing his opinion in you.
dont get me wrong, it still stands that what other people think of you doesnt matter to you. but if you are the fault of that opinion then that opinion is formed by your actions towards that person, be it for better or worse. that is what matters, how you treat other people. and that is how we are created equal, we are capable of treating each other like equals, like everybody was your best friend or just simply like everybody was you.

bj0rn

Thanks, Kat and here’s some insipid smilies for you. :slight_smile: I left my translation calculus text book at home yesterday. :frowning: By the way do you really have elves under your desk? :wink: