All MST3K and Manos fans:

Just got my Manos (MST3K version) the other day. Wow. It took me three sittings to get through it, and I thought it was a pretty solid MST episode.

The pointless scenes of the “teens” making out in the roadster, the aimlessly cruising cops busting them, Torgo getting slowly, lightly slap-poked to death, it’s like an existential dream. Those cops are still wandering, those teens are still making out…

Some mythology thesis student is sitting on a goldmine here.

There’s been a surprising amoutn of that going around.

Frex, The Abductors

I always thought that the people making out in the car was a crappy device to show that the road ahead lead nowhere, and that the cops would never drive up to check out anything suspicious. The first time we see the “teens”, they tell the cop to go after that other couple further up the road. The cop then tells them that there’s nothing up that road, and ignores their claim. Crappy device, yes, but I wouldn’t say that the teens were pointless :wink:

Isn’t that line from Werewolf (also “starring” Joe Estevez), or do they use it in both? I have Werewolf on tape, but haven’t seen Soultaker in a few years.