All Tricks, No Treats (October Mini-Rants)

My husband and I love each other’s farts. We often play duets.

There’s always Howard Stern.

Oh and this just in: My BP medication ( the one that worked well) causes cancer and has been recalled. I might need an attorney (and a new Dr.).

https://www.fda.gov/safety/recalls-market-withdrawals-safety-alerts/lupin-pharmaceuticals-inc-issues-voluntarily-nationwide-recall-all-irbesartan-tablets-and-irbesartan

Ordered a refill on a prescription on Wednesday. Just got back. Waited in line for at least 30 minutes to discover that they had none of my medication in my strength in stock, but one about 5 miles away did. So I went there and waited another half hour or so.

They’re having trouble getting medications in. I guess I need to start the refill process at least 10 days early, and here’s hoping the insurance doesn’t balk at that.

The woman behind me at the first pharmacy said that there are Walgreens in Delaware that have literally closed because they can’t get medications or pharmacy workers.

I feel for you. I used to take ranitidine on a regular basis. :frowning:

If your only other choice was the blithering idiot at our QFC store, you would happily stand in line for two hours to use the self-checkout rather than have to listen to this moron blather on about stupid shit that nobody in their right mind wants to listen to. In particular, I don’t want to hear about his Filipina girlfriend who is just waiting for him to retire from being a cashier and move to her country where they will be so happy. Not that it’s impossible, but I saw this same scenario too many times in the military where some sad sack was sending his paycheck to his “fiancée”. And this guy is nobody’s dreamboat: balding, myopic, fat and stupid. Yeah, I’ll take self checkout every time, thanks.

The last time I went to refill my 1mg tacrolimus prescription, they were out of stock and offered to partially replace with .5mg until they got the 1mgs in. Kind of want to keep my not-so-new kidney, so I agreed.
My insurance declined it. It only took a full hour on the phone with my insurance company and the prescription servicer to retroactively approve. I’m still waiting for a check.
Walgreens suggested I start requesting refills right when my insurance allows (10 days) just in case.

Lupin Pharmaceuticals…

I would fully expect their drugs to turn me into a werewolf.

Or Dennis Moore found a way to branch out.

I had to re-caulk the bathtub today because the “new” caulk I used 2 weeks ago didn’t cure. Turns out the smaller tubes of caulk are in short supply this month, and the brand new tube I’d bought at Lowe’s was out-of-date stock (there was no decipherable date code). DAP is sending a big $5.48 refund, which is nice, because it’s barely worth my trouble to drive it back to the store I got it from.

Well, that’d solve the whole cancer-thing, huh?
( I wonder if I’d be a good candidate. Well, except…

I’d never be able to visit London… )

From a documentary I saw a while ago, the transformations are more dramatic in London…

If you’re ever in SoHo, check out Lee Ho Fooks, I heard they hang out there. (And try the beef chow mein.)

Well… OK. But I draw the line at shopping at Talbots.

I had a prescription for bacitracin ointment for my leg wound. The pharmacist said they’re out or the Rx brand, but it’s available in the OTC aisle. Nope, there isn’t any. Had to go to two other stores to get the three tubes I need.

Yes, but think how perfect your hair would be!

9 pm here in southern NM. 70 degrees, low of 53 expected overnight. Perfect weather for sleeping with the windows open.

Except some stupid motherfucking asshole in the neighborhood decided that a low of 53 (at 6 am) means that they need to start up their fireplace right fucking now. Stinking up the entire area and making sleeping with the windows open much less enjoyable.

One night I am going to walk around and find who is doing it, ring the doorbell, and then squeeze an entire family of skunks in their face, spraying them with skunk guts, piss, blood, and musk, and then shoving the entire pile of skunk into their front door. Because fuck them, that’s why.

Y’know, you can actually buy the scent of skunk in liquid form. No need to hurt the innocent while irritating the guilty.

Maybe I’ll just squeeze them a little bit.

Will you name them George?