Alternate Universe Works where the Soviet Union takes over the world?

There’s a ton of AU works where Nazi Germany wins WW2 and basically takes over the world, hell there’s a bunch of AU works where a fascist/military dictatorship lead version of the United States takes over the world.

But are there any works where the Soviet Union take over the entire world? Curious since that’s the last of the big 3 countries with the potential of taking over the world. Note I want works where the Soviet Union’s take-over is complete, since there’s a ton of works where the Soviet Union is in the process of taking over the United States but fails due to the actions of the American protagonists. Works set in the resistance after a total Soviet take-over count but the world has to be solidly pro-Soviet Union at the time. Thus no Red Dawn (since it takes place entirely during the resistance where the US government is still intact and fighting back) and nothing like Command and Conquer Red Alert (where you can actually play as the Soviets taking over the US but after you finally win the story ends, nothing about the ramifications immediately after the game)

Well, there’s Red Son, the 2003 miniseries that describes the infant Kal-El landing in the USSR instead of Kansas. With his help, the Soviets have taken over everything but the U.S.

The pilot episode of Sliders had the heroes spending the second half of the episode in a universe where the Soviets had won. They work with a resistance cell (taking advantage of the fact that the local version of Professor Arturo was a government official*), but at the beginning, the Soviets were in complete and fairly secure control of everything.

• They really enjoyed having Arturo working for the oppressors when they fell into universes like that. Actually, I think the one who slid with them originally is basically the only good Arturo in the multiverse…

Amerika, a 1987 TV mini-series about a USSR-ruled USA, with Sam Neill as a Soviet officer, Robert Urich as a collaborator, and Kris Kristopherson as a rebel.

The best part was that the heroes were arrested for anti-Soviet activities and sent to “The People’s Court,” which was indeed hosted by Doug Llewellen and presided over by Judge Wapner.

On topic - in Michael Kube-McDowell’s book “Alternaties” at least one alternate universe features the world being dominated by the USSR (though the USA still exists), while in Allen Drury’s “Come Nineveh, Come Tyre” the feckless President of the United States is thoroughly cowed by the head of the USSR, leading to a puppet government being set up in the US. John Barnes has the Soviets ruling America in a short story called “Stochasm”

There’s an episode of American Dad where Stan goes back in time and prevents Martin Scorsese from making Taxi Driver, so Hinckley never shoots Reagan, leading to Mondale’s election in 1984, and Mondale surrendering to the Soviets 47 days into his presidency.

Norman Spinrad wrote a near-future novel in 1991, Russian Spring, which postulated that Gorbachav’s reforms would turn Russia into a superpower, with influence over all Europe and much of Asia, while the US became a backwater. It didn’t conquer the world, but it did dominate it.

But the Soviet Union fell apart shortly after it was published, turning it from a near-future novel to an alternate history.

Russian Hide and Seek by Kingsley Amis, published in 1980 and set in the UK it depicts a world dominated by the USSR.

Although the summary on my version describes it as a comedy they must have been using that word in the classic sense because its one of the most chilling and disturbing books I’ve ever read.

If I recall correctly the USA isn’t physically conquered, it has just been sidelined into complete irrelevance.

Anyway it’s a good book, I recommend it.

“We”, the 1924 novel by Yevgeny Zamyatin, is a totalitarian dystopia set 1000 years after what is essentially Soviet communism conquers the world.

Free Flight, by Douglas Terman, describes the aftermath of a Soviet takeover of the US following nuclear war. I don’t know if they took over the whole planet, but, to paraphrase Fast Eddie Costigan, if they took over the US, I don’t much care what they do to the rest of world, Paulie.

Not the Soviets, but The Man in the High Castle is set in an alternative universe where the Axis Powers won World War II. Fascinating show.

Jack Chalker’s Well of Souls books featured a human society where Communism was triumphant, but I will note I can’t say if it was the USSR which reigned supreme as it has been quite a while since I read them.

Not quite what the OP is looking for, but “Back in the USSA” is an alternate history by Kim Newman where the US has a Communist revolution, and Russia becomes a constitutional monarchy. Humorously altered versions of real and fictional characters mingle in a can you spot all the references manner. It’s pretty good.

Harry Turtledove’s The Gladiator – one of his assortment of “Crosstime Traffic” YA novels, involving the possibility of travel between “our time-line”, and a seemingly infinite number of alternative time-lines. Set IIRC in the late 21st century, in a time-line in which the USSR has triumphed (without use of nukes) in the “Cold War”, and essentially, imposed Soviet-style Communism in all nations of any significance, worldwide.

The action of the novel takes place in a Sovietised Italy (a country and people often perceived as a decidedly poor “fit” for Communism). Turtledove doesn’t really do “dark” – or not very well, if he tries to – and the novel’s general atmosphere is relatively upbeat, even light-hearted: life in his Communist Italy comes across as irksome rather than nightmarish. I enjoyed the book; but I like much of Turtledove’s stuff, though with reservations.

It was actually only Rembrandt, but yeah, that part was fun.

The novel “Red Army” by Ralph Peters is a hypothetical WWIII (non-nuclear) where the entire story is told from the Russian perspective and the Russians end up winning the war.

Isnt there at least one 50’s MST3K movie where the Soviets have taken over? Or maybe its just communists.

The Orson Scott Card short story “A Thousand Deaths” is set in a world where Russia has conquered at least the USA (and therefore, probably, a significant chunk of the rest of the world)

Invasion, U.S.A. (1952)

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0044750/?ref_=fn_al_tt_3
There is also Strange Holiday (1945) - “A man returns from a trip to find fascists have taken over the U.S. government.”

Even more tangentially related is Gabriel Over the White House (1933) in which corrupt politician Walter Huston becomes president, has a near-death experience, then saves Depression-era America through imposition of fascism.

Almost forgot the short, Red Nightmare (1962) - “A man who has taken his freedom for granted wakes up one morning to find out that the Communists have taken over America.”