AMC and The Shawshank Redemption

How many times can they show this movie per week? It’s on multiple times per night several nights a week and on the weekends. This seems to have been going on for months. Several networks do this kind of thing but amc seems to be the worst offender by far.

So Wtf?

Study it carefully. You never know when the knowledge will come in handy.

Eight.

Well, prison life consists of routine and more routine.

American? Check.

Movie? Check

Classic? Check

It falls within their purview, so it seems like it could go on like that for a long time.

They’ve also shown the Green Mile roughly 455 times the last two months.

I didn’t think it possible, but I think AMC has now show ***Shawshank ***more times than TNT has shown Kelley’s Heroes.

The Shawshank Redemption is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies.

I tuned in one night recently to see if anything had changed (maybe they’d found a new alternative ending where Andy Dufresne gets stuck in the sewer pipe), and AMC is now adding gratuitous text messages to explain key stuff like how the car a character is driving isn’t really authentic to the period. Maybe next, they can convene a panel of ex-cons to comment on the film during commercial breaks.

It needs a stake through its heart.

It’s institutionalized now. If they let it go you know what will happen.

That reminds me of PopUP Video, which has notes from serious to frivolous inserted into music videos. No reason why that can’t be done with movies, and I’ve seen some really old horror shows done as you propose.

My guess is there is a simple answer. People watch it.

It’s only repeated airings of gems like The Shawshank Redemption that allow one to crawl through the river of shit that is modern TV programing and still come out clean on the other side.

AMC is like that. I used to call them the Escape From Alcatraz Channel, and before that, used to call them To Catch A Thief Televsion.

Shhh you, or I’ll cast you down with the Sodomites!

How can you be so obtuse?

Oh god yes.

I don’t get your angle. :confused:

It’s a line from the movie. I hear it might be playing on AMC. :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh yeah, that’s the movie “starring Morgan Freeman.”

They say AMC has no memory. That’s where I want to live the rest of my life. A warm place with no memory.