American Idol 3/16-18

That was an absolute rape. She should be arrested for raping the Rolling Stones.

ETA, the band needs to be charged as accessories too.

What does this show hate rock and roll so much?

Susan Boyle does Wild Horses? I gotta go find it to listen to.

There’s something to be said for lowered expectations. I thought Katie did much better than we had any right to expect, and definitely better than Didi, Andrew or Mike.

I didn’t think Katie was terrible, but to me every time she comes out I’m suddenly at a high school talent show. She’ll probably win that talent show, but it’s still a high school talent show.

I think she’s made the best song choice so far. It’s a great song and one that most singers know what to do with.

Tim Urban -Under My Thumb.

Where’s his ukulele?

O.K., I like the idea of a reggae Under My Thumb. I just don’t like the way this guy sings. I’d like to hear Jason Mraz do it.

Is Urban trying for a country/ska version of the Stones!?

What what? Reggae “Under My Thumb” was crazy. Isn’t his laidback interpretation totally the opposite of the meaning of the lyrics? Am I the one who is wrong here?

That’s exactly what I was thinking.

Why does Kara keep referring to Randy and Ellen as “the guys”?

I asked my wife if Jason Mraz did do it, it sounded so much like his style I was guessing it was a rip off of something he does live.

I actually don’t hate the idea of a Mrazed up version of that song (I didn’t really think of it as “reggae”), but he didn’t quite pull it off. It needed to be a bit crisper to work.

Or even better, Beenie Man

I’ve had three glasses of wine. So far it hasn’t helped this crap get any better. Apparently there’s no such thing as beer earplugs.

Siobhan’s dad has a neck tat too!

Someone needs to tell Siobhan that “Paint it Black” is not a musical number.

That was more ambitious than good.

Siobhan Magnus - your next American Idol.

Siobahn is best of the night, so far. Finally a good performance.

Cool shriek at the end there.

First interpretation that’s actually worked.

Well, that got my attention. At first I thought it was a commercial and than Shiv started shrieking and I thought “Oooh-fun!”

Loved Siobhan. Outclassed the others by a mile.