An example of an "I accidentally a coca-cola bottle"-ism.

It was in some paper or oth…wait, it was the Right-win… no it was in a magaz… no I… oh I can’t remember where it was, but wherever it was it was being quoted from a probably right-wing newspaper. See if you can spot the error…

*“If you find the idea of a dwarfish person with a high forehead releiving himself in a motel pool (this, a man who feigns a wheelchair-bound handicap), then Little Britain USA is for you.”

The author probably doesn’t know he’s done it. In fact he would probably struggle to spot the mistake if someone told him it was in error.

I put this in the pit because this type of language-laziness annoys me.

Upon reading this the question “If you find it… what?, Good?, Bad? Entertaining?, Appealing?, Tasty?.. WHAAAAT!” formed itself in my head and would not go away.

Mini-rants thread is right below ya, dude.

And what is it with airline food?

A missing word?..offensive, appealing?
If you find the idea of a dwarfish person with a high forehead releiving himself in a motel pool (this, a man who feigns a wheelchair-bound handicap)funny, then Little Britain USA is for you."

correct. It’s as if he hasn’t finished his

Moved to MPSIMS.

Oh! :smack: I thought he had actually “found a dwarfish person with a high forehead releiving himself in a motel pool (this, a man who feigns a wheelchair-bound handicap)”. Hope he wasn’t planning on a swim soon.
just kidding.

i before e?

And depending on where “Little Britain” is, it may need a comma between it and “USA”.

I keep finding ideas, but not that one, so I guess the show’s not for me.

The parenthetical looks a bit odd, too. The motel pool might well be the one feigning. And speaking of pedantry, what sort of handicaps are bound to wheelchairs?

It is a spectacular fiery crash of a sentence.

“My friend and I are going out to the bar. Do you want to go with?”

with WHAT?!?!? :mad:

I LOOOVE Little Britain! Especially the weight-loss club meetings in the community center. :smiley:

Me too. I haven’t seen any of LB USA but it sounds and looks (from pictures in the newspaper) like it might be worth a look.

I am the first to admit that parodying Americans is likely to go down better with a British audience than an American one.

That’s a standard construction in some dialects of English. Even if you pointed it out directly to your friends, they probably wouldn’t see any error.

That makes me grr as well. One of my friends uses it. It’s even worse than “anymore” for “nowadays” or “presently.”

It’s as if his train of was lost in a blizzard of words.

Ye gads, they’ve Americanized Little Britain? Ugh. I always thought Little Britain was British comedy dumbed down to American levels…the British equivalent of Mad TV, if you will. I can’t imagine something that stupid being dumbed down further to be an import. Bleh.

Actually, that is so last century. Currently that sentence is :“My friend and I are going to the bar. Go with?”

And I can’t imagine U.S. viewers tuning into something that’s that Britain-centric. I know Keeping Up Appearances draws some viewers on PBS, but as a big network show? “Little Britain USA?” Seriously?

Pay for? :smiley:

And, as implied by an earlier poster, the word “relieving” is misspelled.

Little Britain just hasn’t clicked for me, though I do admire the British talent for grotesqueries.